Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need a rental contract

Need a rental contract

Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice
Default Need a rental contract

I'm hoping to rent a property from someone that I know. There are no estate agents involved but we would like to make sure we have a proper contract in place.

I know we can get one from a Gestor, but was just wondering if anyone had a copy of a basic one that they would be kind enough to let us have? Ideally with an English translation. It won't save much money, I know, but every little helps these days.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:05 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a rental contract

Originally Posted by kayley
I'm hoping to rent a property from someone that I know. There are no estate agents involved but we would like to make sure we have a proper contract in place.

I know we can get one from a Gestor, but was just wondering if anyone had a copy of a basic one that they would be kind enough to let us have? Ideally with an English translation. It won't save much money, I know, but every little helps these days.
you can buy one from a local tabac for just a few euros - I don't think they come with translations though
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice

That's great, thanks.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I hope I will be able to add this posting here?

We have found through my brother in law a villa to rent in Javea. It is listed by one of the oldest and most respected agencies we are told in Javea.

So this morning had a request for a holding deposit with two options 200 euros or one months rental to a bank and with the IBAN details being given to us.

However no paperwork whatsoever and as we are having to give notice here in France I would not wish to give notice and then find and for whatever reason the villa in Javea falls down and we have nowhere to go.

What please is the process for otherwise it would be like a bridging loan when one has not sold the main house it is very much taking a chance. I do not think that is a brilliant idea. Would welcome your views.

thanks
Old Jan 21st 2013, 10:53 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth
Hi I hope I will be able to add this posting here?

We have found through my brother in law a villa to rent in Javea. It is listed by one of the oldest and most respected agencies we are told in Javea.

So this morning had a request for a holding deposit with two options 200 euros or one months rental to a bank and with the IBAN details being given to us.

However no paperwork whatsoever and as we are having to give notice here in France I would not wish to give notice and then find and for whatever reason the villa in Javea falls down and we have nowhere to go.

What please is the process for otherwise it would be like a bridging loan when one has not sold the main house it is very much taking a chance. I do not think that is a brilliant idea. Would welcome your views.

thanks
I would suggest that you insist on an invoice for the 'deposit'. When you make the payment (by bank transfer), make the reference state exactly what it's for. For example; 'rent for villa ...' or 'holding fee for ...'.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

I wouldn't feel happy with that. If you are paying a deposit you need a contract. This should be in Spanish and signed by both parties.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that it is helpful. In France not that it matters but one meets up agrees the condition of the house apartment or whatever note defects etc. Both parties sign then the exchange of cash takes place. The agreement also lists responsibilities of both parties.

That approach is what I would have expected here?

I am uneasy with payments up front.

thanks again
Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry I forgot but part of the agreement is that the owner puts in a/c by May. The system is in place

rdgs