car tax

Old Feb 26th 2012, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default car tax

I am concerned about my car tax , as I bought a car and the man I bought it off was charged for the tax last year .So I had a free year as he gave me the paperwork.
Will they send me a bill and ask for bank details or have I failed to do something that I should have I know its due in March and would die if the policia stopped me and its overdue.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:12 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car tax

I would have thought that the town hall will send you a bill soon. Mine has not come yet but I am expecting it.

Rosemary
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:46 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever owns the vehicle on Jan 01 cops for the car tax for the year. As long as you've got the vehicle properly registered in your name now the car tax bill should come to you...having said that, if the month for the bill comes around and you haven't received it, best to go to the town hall and chase it up ;o)
If you set up a direct debit to pay it every year, you won't have this worry/chore.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

yes I will go to the town hall to get it sorted. Thanks I just hope I wont get stopped driving from the airport
Old Feb 27th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Ours arrives in May, but yes Town Hall will help you out.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 2:34 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
yes I will go to the town hall to get it sorted. Thanks I just hope I wont get stopped driving from the airport
I'm not even sure that you have to produce it if stopped. For most of the year you don't have a receipt as they haven'y issued the demand.

I don't think it is a police matter as it's between you and the town hall unlike the UK where it is a central tax.

I don't remember having to produce it - has anyone else?
Old Feb 27th 2012, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

No never, they always want DL, Insurance and the car registration papers. (Permisso de circulacion)
Old Feb 27th 2012, 4:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
No never, they always want DL, Insurance and the car registration papers. (Permisso de circulacion)
I understand that even insurance documentation is no longer required as the insurance database is available to them when they do a vehicle check online from their on-board computers/handsets etc.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently broke down in Torrox Costa and was rescued by the GC ! (car was causing problems) after it was going again (battery failure) all they wanted was Permisso de circulacion and driving license.