Car Tax

Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

suedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant future
Default Car Tax

I wonder if anyone can help me?
I have just been into my Spanish bank today to give them the car tax direct debit form that the Suma office gave me.
When I asked the girl on the counter - did she know when they would take the money for the car tax, she said they can take it when ever they wanted!! Does anyone know if this is true? Or will they send me a notice to warn me it will be taken? I thought it was taken in April but the girl at the bank seemed to imply the Suma could take what ever they wanted when ever they liked!!!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Tax

Originally Posted by suedenia
I have just been into my Spanish bank today to give them the car tax direct debit form that the Suma office gave me.
When I asked the girl on the counter - did she know when they would take the money for the car tax, she said they can take it when ever they wanted!! Does anyone know if this is true? Or will they send me a notice to warn me it will be taken? I thought it was taken in April but the girl at the bank seemed to imply the Suma could take what ever they wanted when ever they liked!!!
I think she is right, also they can take any money owing from previous years.
Never keep too much in a Spanish bank account.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

There are certain periods for certain taxes including car tax (it depends on the locality) - but yes if they decide you are outstanding on a tax they will take when they like.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 4:44 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suedenia
I get a bill from the Hacienda local for mine, and I have had quite a few lately for Spanish cars I have sold in the past

I am convinced they charge both myself and the new owner for the same year, Like everything else here, you have to watch them
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:28 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

You should only get a tax reciept, once a year, for the car that is registered in your name. The letter should come to your address. Take it into the bank, scan the bar code in the cajera (Cash machine thing) pay the money into the cash machine. then done.. The old owner pays for the year just gone.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

suedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant futuresuedenia has a brilliant future

Thanks for that.
Do you know what month you have to pay your car tax - or does it depend when you registered the car?
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

Different towns use different months, I pay mine in May at the officina de reclamatión
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Ours are sent out end of April to be paid by early June, otherwise you incur a small fine. As I found out one year after leaving Spain the day before the letter arrived in the post, and returned one day later than it needed to be paid.

I think I paid an extra €6 for being late.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:34 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We have NEVER had a reminder about car tax and so far they have taken 2008 and 2009 together in 2009, and 2010 and 2011 together in 2011 in around Novemebr.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 6:14 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

We've never had reminders either.

I think the town hall is unable to cope with 'campo dwellers' who have a mail box address in town. I've heard that they keep trying to send mail to the campo address - which will never work of course. We've tried to change our postal address but they don't seem to be able to.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 7:18 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
We've never had reminders either.

I think the town hall is unable to cope with 'campo dwellers' who have a mail box address in town. I've heard that they keep trying to send mail to the campo address - which will never work of course. We've tried to change our postal address but they don't seem to be able to.

Our address was in a village, we ahd no problem with any other post.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Normally June for our area, also, depending when you sell/buy a car you may be liable for a car you have sold, the "cut off" date is around December/January, so for example if you sell a car in January you will have to pay the tax in June for that car, yet the car you have bought tax will be paid by the previous owner, confusing but true.