Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Rentals san javier airport

Car Rentals san javier airport

Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Pavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant futurePavlo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Car Rentals san javier airport

Originally Posted by Mookster
The secret is to book it well in advance for this time of year. I got a VW Golf for 2 weeks from 11th August for 162 euro.....but i booked it in April.
Had a recent look at same deal and it was 608 euro if i booked it now.

This was at Alicante airport though
I always use www.carjet.com and get a good deal (at Alicante Airport).
They did tell me that prices are up this year due to "market fluctuations, and shortage of vehicles".
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
There is a major shortage of hire cars in Spain as they have apparently not been able to get the loans to replace them.

If you haven't got an advance booking you may find it difficult to get a car at the airport. Prices have also gone up - call it supply and demand or a rip-off but you are going to pay a lot more than previously.
I was discussing this yesterday with someone that is a frequent traveller to Eire and the same has happened there!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
Im having a terrible job getting a car from Valencia airport on 10th Aug....the quotes are v expensive as already discussed but its not onlythat, even at the high prices they doesnt seem to be any cars avaialbe in any catergory !!!

going to try and hire locally, if we can then will get the train down from the airport not ideal but......
Originally Posted by spain
just hired a car from Valencia airport for 10 days for 370€, good price compared to everything else I was quoted

I used www.amigoautos.com has anyone used them before ?
I had the same problem at Easter - could not hire a car at Valencia and was resigned to catching a train to Gandia and bus or taxi to Denia. On arrival I was able to get a deal with Avis at a premium price.