Reload this Page >

Car Rentals san javier airport

Car Rentals san javier airport

Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road
Default Car Rentals san javier airport

Hey guys
Im coming over beginning of august and cant believe the chepaest car rental I can find for 10 days is 400 plus euros from murcia airport or surrounding area
must be the time of year cos ive never paid anything like this before
Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Rentals san javier airport

same sort of price I found for 10th Aug...and that was the cheapest I could find

Originally Posted by nessyp
Hey guys
Im coming over beginning of august and cant believe the chepaest car rental I can find for 10 days is 400 plus euros from murcia airport or surrounding area
must be the time of year cos ive never paid anything like this before
Old Jul 19th 2009, 4:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It`s a rip off.
Supply and demand, lots of firms are just putting their prices up on late bookings, some even have a 3 day rental limit on a full weeks cost.

You know who to not use next time don`t you. ;-))

GMTV news guy was paying 9 quid a day, other people on the same plane 60 quid.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I saw him say that but didnt quite believe it after the quotes I am getting
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mookster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spain
I saw him say that but didnt quite believe it after the quotes I am getting
The secret is to book it well in advance for this time of year. I got a VW Golf for 2 weeks from 11th August for 162 euro.....but i booked it in April.
Had a recent look at same deal and it was 608 euro if i booked it now.

This was at Alicante airport though

Last edited by Mookster; Jul 19th 2009 at 5:40 pm. Reason: wrong airport ::)
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:47 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There is a major shortage of hire cars in Spain as they have apparently not been able to get the loans to replace them.

If you haven't got an advance booking you may find it difficult to get a car at the airport. Prices have also gone up - call it supply and demand or a rip-off but you are going to pay a lot more than previously.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

In times like this they want to be encouraging people back to spain, not putting them off.
Ah well I will have to go dads insurance and share his car with him for the holiday
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nessyp
In times like this they want to be encouraging people back to spain, not putting them off.
Ah well I will have to go dads insurance and share his car with him for the holiday
There are more people than ever around here, hence the shortage of cars. ;-))
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Don't forget though, that all the small (i.e. cheap) cars will be snapped up first. So by leaving it so late, you'll only be able to hire a larger car - which always attracts a higher daily rate, no matter what time of year it is.
So while they *do* put their prices up during the summer as everyone else has pointed out, there's a double-whammy that you can only get a bigger car then you need anyway.
Oh yes, don't forget - they'll ding you for a full tank of petrol too. Add on at least another 60 euros
Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Spanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to behold

I have a Spanish car here in Benalmadena and my nephew wanted to use it rather than hire a car when he comes over for a visit,my insurance company told me that in Spain you insure the car and not the driver and that anyone over the age of 30 with a clean licence could use my vehicle with my permission.As he is only 26yrs it will cost him €50 to go on my insurance for the year,a lot better than the €350 we were quoted for a hire car!..
Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Im having a terrible job getting a car from Valencia airport on 10th Aug....the quotes are v expensive as already discussed but its not onlythat, even at the high prices they doesnt seem to be any cars avaialbe in any catergory !!!

going to try and hire locally, if we can then will get the train down from the airport not ideal but......
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Spanish John
I have a Spanish car here in Benalmadena and my nephew wanted to use it rather than hire a car when he comes over for a visit,my insurance company told me that in Spain you insure the car and not the driver and that anyone over the age of 30 with a clean licence could use my vehicle with my permission.As he is only 26yrs it will cost him €50 to go on my insurance for the year,a lot better than the €350 we were quoted for a hire car!..
Maybe thats the answer,time to purchase a car and drive it over to Spain to use,this will be my 4th visit with three more booked. Am paying more for car hire than my mortgage?.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 4:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Maybe thats the answer,time to purchase a car and drive it over to Spain to use,this will be my 4th visit with three more booked. Am paying more for car hire than my mortgage?.
Don`t forget to own it for 6 months in the UK before you bring it over to save you tax, oh and add on the cost of change to Spanish plates, headlights etc.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

just hired a car from Valencia airport for 10 days for 370€, good price compared to everything else I was quoted

I used www.amigoautos.com has anyone used them before ?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
cheaper to buy it here, will always be road legal then, and will be a LHD so much better for here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.