Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

car metriculation

car metriculation

Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

sunstroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car metriculation

does anyone have a 'step by step' guide or tips on doing this?
Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:29 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car metriculation

There is a guide in the Wiki section.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spain_...ng_information
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

many thanks Fred !
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do not want headaches, just go to Ford Automocion garage in Ayamonte, and speak with Meri (he speaksEnglish). They do it and donot charge a lot.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

many thanks for this - we have been to see him and - all sounds good - although to replace the headlights is going to cost 295 euros!!!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Changing the lights is the most expensive. According the car you have, you might be able to get them from a scrapyard.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

you are not joking! it all looked quite good until we got the price for replacement headlights for a 2000 toyota corolla = £300!!! the car cost £520!
think i might struggle to find 2nd hand toyota spares in spain, so may wait until i get home of do a bit of trawling on the internet.
thanks for the help - will keep you posted!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

In that case, I would ask my garagist in UK to make a fake bill for anything (brakes, service,...) in which your Toyota registration appears. In case of control by Spanish police, you can always pretend your car went back to Uk in the legal 6months time and justify it!... I know it is not very legal, but it seems to work. I have heard of few Brits who did it in Portugal, where the law is quite similar for car registrations.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

sounds like a plan - many thanks!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 10:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LordMayor
In that case, I would ask my garagist in UK to make a fake bill for anything (brakes, service,...) in which your Toyota registration appears. In case of control by Spanish police, you can always pretend your car went back to Uk in the legal 6months time and justify it!... I know it is not very legal, but it seems to work. I have heard of few Brits who did it in Portugal, where the law is quite similar for car registrations.
It's actually totally illegal, and your garagist (WTF is that) in the UK is committing fraud
Old Oct 13th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

great news - having been quoted costs for matriculating car - which were all good apart from replacing the headlights - at 300 euros! - i have found a website that can provide new headlights with free delivery anywhere in europe for around £80!! happy days - am now proceeding!
Old Oct 13th 2012, 4:35 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

H Sunstroke

Do you KNOW what the 300 includes? We reckon ITV 120, Car road tax around 150 depending on the car, trafico 90, plates 25. That assumes you have a Certifiecate of European Conformity and ignores the first registration tax

Davexf
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

unfortunately i have left the list in spain, am back 7/11 - will give you complete breakdown then - i know Meri's fee is 200 euros, you also have to pay tax on the value of the car. The dearest part is definitely the lights.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

sorry - 300 euros was just for the lights!!! but as i said earlier, managed to get them for around 80.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Just to let you know we have had our car successfully metriculated ! all done by Meri at the Ford garage who has done an excellent job.

The most expensive part is replacing the lights - we were quoted crazy prices, but found some on a german website which were delivered directed to Meri at a fraction of the price.

Let me know if you need any further details.