Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Insurance in Spain

Car Insurance in Spain

Old Feb 27th 2004, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Boris10001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Insurance in Spain

Can anyone please give me the number or e-mail address of any good car insurance brokers or companies? I am 33 and getting mad quotes for a Seat Ibiza - surely at my age and 65% no claims I should not be getting quotes of EUR1300 (from Linea Directa). Is this normal, any help would be appricated.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance in Spain

Originally posted by Boris10001
Can anyone please give me the number or e-mail address of any good car insurance brokers or companies? I am 33 and getting mad quotes for a Seat Ibiza - surely at my age and 65% no claims I should not be getting quotes of EUR1300 (from Linea Directa). Is this normal, any help would be appricated.
Phone Matt at Lifestyle Garages 952 58 00 77 Fuengirola.
Just up the coast a bit.

Got Opel Frontera full European cover and a bottle of bubbly for a third of that.

Last edited by jdr; Apr 25th 2004 at 5:19 pm.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

ESMCCa is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't Direct Line do insurance for ex-pats?? I've seen them avertise in the Mallorca Daily Bulletin..check the local English language papers.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ESMCCa
Don't Direct Line do insurance for ex-pats?? I've seen them avertise in the Mallorca Daily Bulletin..check the local English language papers.
Linea directa is Spanish for Direct line....
Old Mar 1st 2004, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by jdr
Linea directa is Spanish for Direct line....
I've obviously not got that far with my Spanish lessons!!!
Doh!
Old Apr 18th 2004, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all, went with Xpatinsurance in the end. About 475 with breakdown cover and legal cover. Worth a call.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 1:26 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I was with Linea Direct and only paid €350 a year on a new Fiat Punto. I'm amazed they charged you so much.

A company I've heard good things about is Knight Insurance but I'm not sure if they're all over Spain or just in the Costa Blanca.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Boris10001
Thanks all, went with Xpatinsurance in the end. About 475 with breakdown cover and legal cover. Worth a call.
Boris10001,

Do you have their email address/telephone number??

Thanks

Ellen
Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally posted by ESMCCa
Boris10001,

Do you have their email address/telephone number??

Thanks

Ellen
Phone lifestyle...
Old Apr 26th 2004, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

The e-mail is: info2xpatinsurance.net
Telephone: 952 46 55 88

Address: C./ Lamo de Esponosas, Edf. Fuenronda II, Local 1, 29640 Fuengirola.

My insurance is through them and registered at Lloyds of London and I also get breakdown cover and legal assistance, plus can pop in and ask them anything if in the Fuengirola area.

I have been told that the policy being underwritten by Spanish Company can mean only a partial payment in the event of a total write off, but with a Lloyds underwriter I feel a bit more secure.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Andymagic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sibsie
A company I've heard good things about is Knight Insurance but I'm not sure if they're all over Spain or just in the Costa Blanca.
Had our bar insured through them in Mallorca. Utterly useless. Messed up everything from initial set up, through renewals to changing over details to new owners. Response from Head office was, "Mr Knight will ring you.." I said, "When?", reply, "When he rings you." (He never did.) Would not insure through Knight insurance if they were the last company on earth.

Andy
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Just up the coast a bit.
Just rung that number. It's not correct.

Andy
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:16 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Just up the coast a bit.

Got Opel Frontera full European cover and a bottle of bubbly for a third of that.
They are no longer trading as LifeStyle.
Changed to some other dodgy name (can't remeber).
Don't bother with them (I won't go too much into why - just to say they sold me a f***ed motor then refused to honour the warranty - bunch of crooks, IMO).

Contact the broker direct: http://www.knight-insurance.com/

I am 33 and pay just under 800 per year, fully comp with full breakdown cover with windscreen cover on a Toyota sports coupe.

They are very freindly and helpful both online and over the phone.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritBull
They are no longer trading as LifeStyle.
Changed to some other dodgy name (can't remeber).
Don't bother with them (I won't go too much into why - just to say they sold me a f***ed motor then refused to honour the warranty - bunch of crooks, IMO).

Contact the broker direct: http://www.knight-insurance.com/

Thanks for the info on Lifestyle, but see my earlier posting on Knight.

Cheers

Andy
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boris10001

I have a 2000 cc V6 performance sports car and have been quoted circa eur 800 by Knights Insurance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.