Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Hire at Murcia

Car Hire at Murcia

Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car Hire at Murcia

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Hi Denise, I was, myself, very apprehensive driving abroad. I have always been picked up at the airport. Last month I had no choice - I hired and drove No problem, just took my time. Plenty tooting as I wasn't going fast enough!! Just needed driving licence and passport, booked through doyouspain and didn't pay until I collected good luck
Thanks for your encouraging remarks Linda
Im going to need luck
if Im not going fast enough ill just to get thick skinned at the tooters and not let them phase me.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
It will seem natural after a few mins driving, so don`t worry.
My first experience of driving 'on the other side' was in Spain a couple of years ago .. a question of 'needs must'. Thing I found hardest was judging where to stop at the toll booths, so I could take the ticket without having to stop and get out of the car .. gear changing, road layouts etc all OK! Sure you will be fine once you are out of Alicante airport!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Thanks for your encouraging remarks Linda
Im going to need luck
if Im not going fast enough ill just to get thick skinned at the tooters and not let them phase me.
sat nav a godsend!!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

sat nav a godsend!!
yes got my sat nav ready Im sure Ill be fine .
Im the same in this country if im not sure of the route, but I must say since I got my sat nav its giving me far more confidence driving through strange cities and places.
It has always been a worry to me if I am in the correct lane thanks to SN tells me in advance GREAT
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

yes got my sat nav ready Im sure Ill be fine .
Im the same in this country if im not sure of the route, but I must say since I got my sat nav its giving me far more confidence driving through strange cities and places.
It has always been a worry to me if I am in the correct lane thanks to SN tells me in advance GREAT
I seem to remember from somewhere that it is illegal to drive with a satnav on your windscreen in spain ? Can someone confirm/deny this?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Right, so il have to get a Holder thingy for it then
What hire company is best from Alicante and how would I hire on line???Is that what most do?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Right, so il have to get a Holder thingy for it then
What hire company is best from Alicante and how would I hire on line???Is that what most do?
Hi Denise, go to www.doyouspain.com - they search all comapnies in Alicante and give best deal. I just booked with them last night again
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I looked at the site what does renault clio/AC mean?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I looked at the site what does renault clio/AC mean?
Renault clio with air con (AC) I went for citreon 2 special offer
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Renault clio with air con (AC) I went for citreon 2 special offer
of course THICK
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noelrosie
My first experience of driving 'on the other side' was in Spain a couple of years ago .. a question of 'needs must'. Thing I found hardest was judging where to stop at the toll booths, so I could take the ticket without having to stop and get out of the car .. gear changing, road layouts etc all OK! Sure you will be fine once you are out of Alicante airport!
How much do you pay at toll booths to ensure I got the correct money or do they give change??????
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

How much do you pay at toll booths to ensure I got the correct money or do they give change??????
I don't have tolls on my route, but in the past (on holiday) they do give change. By the way, if you book with doyouspain then price online with the company they get you, you will find they are cheaper than booking the company direct!!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Well ... I don't know how much you would pay as I always head in the opposite direction to you ...
But they do give change ... I pay about 7 euros from Alicante to Denia.
However, do make sure that you don't do as I did once, and approach the toll booths in a lane marked 'Tarjetas' when you come to pay the toll on exiting the motorway - that is for vehicles which have a prepaid window sticker. I felt very embarassed when I realised my mistake and had to ask the lorry behind me to reverse so that I could back out and use the correct lane
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't have tolls on my route, but in the past (on holiday) they do give change. By the way, if you book with doyouspain then price online with the company they get you, you will find they are cheaper than booking the company direct!!
Well Ive taken the bull by the horns excuse the pun and booked a citron 2 so will have to drive now. Where is the Desk to pick up the car???
Where do I go when I get off the plane is it as you walk out or in another building ?
No Im not panicking
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well Ive taken the bull by the horns excuse the pun and booked a citron 2 so will have to drive now. Where is the Desk to pick up the car???
Where do I go when I get off the plane is it as you walk out or in another building ?
No Im not panicking
I usually land in terminal 2. Walk along toward terminal 1 then downstairs to the car hire. They are all together. Not sure from landing terminal 1, someone is bound to come along and tell you, but I do think you would pass the car hire places as you go toward exit of main building. You collect your keys then cross the road towards the car park - all the companies have theri cars there,just look for your company. Hope this helps, when do you go over?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.