Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Hire at Murcia

Car Hire at Murcia

Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:57 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Hire at Murcia

Hi
Following on from the child seat query: any advice for car hire companies from Murcia? We're coming in from East Midlands. Hertz are really pricey and we found this site for a company called CarJet. It is very cheap and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.
T
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Hire at Murcia

CarJet are a broker for hire companies. I have used them many times over the last five or six years with no problems whatsoever.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by valenciatim
CarJet are a broker for hire companies. I have used them many times over the last five or six years with no problems whatsoever.
Indeed ... Carjet DO act as a broker and we have also used them for many years from both Valencia and Alicante airports with no problems at all. They are likely to offer the cheapest price you will get from a reputable company!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
any advice for car hire companies from Murcia?
I've always used Auriga Crown at Murcia. I'm quite happy with the price, but you have to watch out for the petrol scam, that sadly seems ubiquitous these days - where you have to "buy" a tankfull from the car-hire company, then return the car with an empty tank.
Judging by the length of the queue at their desk, compared with the (lack of) queues at other car-hire desks at Murcia, they seem to get most of the business.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pete_l
I've always used Auriga Crown at Murcia. I'm quite happy with the price, but you have to watch out for the petrol scam, that sadly seems ubiquitous these days - where you have to "buy" a tankfull from the car-hire company, then return the car with an empty tank.
Judging by the length of the queue at their desk, compared with the (lack of) queues at other car-hire desks at Murcia, they seem to get most of the business.
Auriga Crown are one of the companies that Carjet regularly use for their clients (hence the long queues at their desk) ... we have never had any problems with them... and as for the petrol 'scam', we have found that it is often possible to return the car with a full tank and a obtain a refund of your fuel charge if you ask for that option when you collect it!

Last edited by noelrosie; Jan 28th 2009 at 11:27 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:04 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent. Thanks for the posts. Can you ensure the weather as well or is that asking too much????

Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Can you ensure the weather as well
Yes, that's easy. You are ensured of either cloudy weather or wet or both, whenever I'm over (where's the umbrella smiley?) - never fails!

Last edited by pete_l; Jan 28th 2009 at 3:32 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:42 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by pete_l
Yes, that's easy. You are ensured of either cloudy weather or wet or both, whenever I'm over (where's the umbrella smiley?) - never fails!
can you make it cold too please?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Hi
Following on from the child seat query: any advice for car hire companies from Murcia? We're coming in from East Midlands. Hertz are really pricey and we found this site for a company called CarJet. It is very cheap and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.
T
I have used www.doyouspain.com a couple of times. The first car they got me was augira crown (10 days 85 euro and got full/full for petrol) and this time record (£77 for 10days (full/empty). They look for best deal.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Slightly off the subject of car seats etc. but I am flying out late Feb and wish to drive to Algorfa from Alicante.
I have never driven before in Spain and am a little apprehensive. More concerned about gear change with other hand?
Should I hire a automatic then I will be able to concentrate on my driving only ????
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Slightly off the subject of car seats etc. but I am flying out late Feb and wish to drive to Algorfa from Alicante.
I have never driven before in Spain and am a little apprehensive. More concerned about gear change with other hand?
Should I hire a automatic then I will be able to concentrate on my driving only ????
It will seem natural after a few mins driving, so don`t worry.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
It will seem natural after a few mins driving, so don`t worry.
ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?????? jdr
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?????? jdr
At the risk of seeming a bit thick I have hired in UK previously Always used taxis in Spain to which my allowance been cut, so will have to drive
Oh dear dreading it
What paper work do I need to hire car in Spain??
Regards to all
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of seeming a bit thick I have hired in UK previously Always used taxis in Spain to which my allowance been cut, so will have to drive
Oh dear dreading it
Regards to all
Full Driving License, passport and possibly photo id.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Oh dear dreading it
Regards to all
Hi Denise, I was, myself, very apprehensive driving abroad. I have always been picked up at the airport. Last month I had no choice - I hired and drove No problem, just took my time. Plenty tooting as I wasn't going fast enough!! Just needed driving licence and passport, booked through doyouspain and didn't pay until I collected good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.