Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Hire (again)

Car Hire (again)

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Car Hire (again)

Does anyone know of a car rental company which operates a full/full policy for fuel?

I need to rent a car at Valencia airport for someone who will not use even half a tank and am fed up with paying for unused fuel.

Some posters here say they use such companies but when asked never give the name of a company.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Hire (again)

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Does anyone know of a car rental company which operates a full/full policy for fuel?

I need to rent a car at Valencia airport for someone who will not use even half a tank and am fed up with paying for unused fuel.

Some posters here say they use such companies but when asked never give the name of a company.
I rent from Valencia and only ever get full to full if I hire for less than 3 days. I have never had full to full for longer periods, but I usually have to add fuel then.
I have never looked into it myself but perhaps the answer is find the car with the smallest fuel tank.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

helle hollis operate full/full or full/empty. Your choice

They bill your credit card on day one for the fuel. When you return the car with a full tank they credit it back to you

They're usually not the cheapest but are efficient. I usually add €40 to the fuel thieves' quote and compare to HH. If within 10% i go with Helle. If the fuel thieves remain massively cheaper i go with them and grit my teeth
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
helle hollis operate full/full or full/empty. Your choice

They bill your credit card on day one for the fuel. When you return the car with a full tank they credit it back to you

They're usually not the cheapest but are efficient. I usually add €40 to the fuel thieves' quote and compare to HH. If within 10% i go with Helle. If the fuel thieves remain massively cheaper i go with them and grit my teeth
Unfortunately it's a bit of a drive up to Valencia!

Last edited by johnnyone; Mar 23rd 2011 at 2:44 pm. Reason: error
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:07 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen

You could always siphon some out, sell it your neighbour at a good rate?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
You could always siphon some out, sell it your neighbour at a good rate?

No you can't. I have tried over the last year to do this with various models on rental. All new cars are fitted with not one but two anti syphon traps in the filling port. I have even been under the bonnet to disconnect at the injector rail, all the pipes in the engine bay are fitted with anti tamper clips, so you can get them off but then they are buggered so you can't put them back on.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:49 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
No you can't. I have tried over the last year to do this with various models on rental. All new cars are fitted with not one but two anti syphon traps in the filling port. I have even been under the bonnet to disconnect at the injector rail, all the pipes in the engine bay are fitted with anti tamper clips, so you can get them off but then they are buggered so you can't put them back on.
It sounds like they have it sewn up nicely
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Lift the back seat up and unscew the fuel gauge lid off, syphon it out and replace lid.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 9:00 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Lift the back seat up and unscew the fuel gauge lid off, syphon it out and replace lid.
ooo jdr thats a scouse trick.if it needs a full tank on return.lift seat and short out the sender.after you have drained it.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

handy sue is an unknown quantity at this point

Sol Mar do full/full hires. They pick you up from upstairs in a mini bus, it is 2 minutes away. Their office is on the approach road which makes it easier to drop off when the hire is finished.
We usually go through bravo car hire agents as they give a free extra driver whereas sol mar don't.
It is possible that their policy has changed since we last used them, but it can be checked from the bravo car hire site. It is a great site for you to check the terms and conditions of the most popular car hire companies before you actually book.
Sol Mar also do full/full from Alicante airport which we have used recently.
A car hire employee once told me that the hire companies have different policies depending on the agent you book with!
Hope this helps
Sue H
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a look on the skyscanner website and Centauro appear to offer pickup full/return full, from Valencia airport. I wish I had seen this as when using Gold car three weeks ago I was over charged on the price of the diesel and had the euros converted to pounds at a poor rate without my prior knowledge! I live and learn but not fast enough.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Re car hire earlier in the week I booked my car hire for a trip in September with DoYouSpain only wanting a small car they had a special offer on Citroen C2 or similar which I had, had before and been happy with and remembered last time that it had been on a full full basis so I booked that. When the voucher arrived it showed it was with Record and on a full empty basis. However on the voucher it said if you had a preferred supplier or other reason to change supplier to hit a link and request. Nothing ventured nothing gained so made request for full full hire, just received new voucher with different supplier now on full full basis all at no extra charge, that is what I call good service and certainly something I wasn't aware you could do, so for me that's a well done for DoYouSpain this service applies to all bookings by the way.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jonboy
I just had a look on the skyscanner website and Centauro appear to offer pickup full/return full, from Valencia airport. I wish I had seen this as when using Gold car three weeks ago I was over charged on the price of the diesel and had the euros converted to pounds at a poor rate without my prior knowledge! I live and learn but not fast enough.

I hired last month with Centauro from Valencia Monday-Friday and they refused to do full to full
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I hired last month with Centauro from Valencia Monday-Friday and they refused to do full to full

Yep me too.
Myself and family have used Centauro and Sol Mar at Valencia airport several times since my initial post and they definitely will only do full/full.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bobd22
Re car hire earlier in the week I booked my car hire for a trip in September with DoYouSpain only wanting a small car they had a special offer on Citroen C2 or similar which I had, had before and been happy with and remembered last time that it had been on a full full basis so I booked that. When the voucher arrived it showed it was with Record and on a full empty basis. However on the voucher it said if you had a preferred supplier or other reason to change supplier to hit a link and request. Nothing ventured nothing gained so made request for full full hire, just received new voucher with different supplier now on full full basis all at no extra charge, that is what I call good service and certainly something I wasn't aware you could do, so for me that's a well done for DoYouSpain this service applies to all bookings by the way.
OK and the name of the new supplier is??????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.