Car help

Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

EDDIE SPARROW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car help

Could any one please give me some information. I brought an ex pat,s spanish reg car from the uk to majorca i have since had an ITV here so i have the two year one,i have spanish car insurance now,i live here from april to oct,what else do i need, many thanks
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Fredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Car help

Eddie.
I applaud you trying to make a living mate, but fear your enthusiasm to seize every opportunity, may lead you into conflict with the moderators, as you may have posted a little recklessly, on other posts.
There may(?) be a proper way to make people aware of your services.
Hope you can sort it with them.

Cheers
Fredthered
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:34 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

You need to register the car in your name. The best way is for you to employ a Gestor and get them to do all the paperwork. It will coast but it will save you a lot of time queuing and filling in the Spanish paperwork.

Old Jul 26th 2010, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you also have car tax? you mention insurance and ITV, would be better if you had the paperwork from ex owners and everything signed by them, but am sure a Gestor will sort, eventually
Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
I assume you also have car tax? you mention insurance and ITV, would be better if you had the paperwork from ex owners and everything signed by them, but am sure a Gestor will sort, eventually

dont assume anything.

a transfer can NOT be done unless:

- the tax is up to date and you have the reciept or a copy of.

- the previous owner is present, or you have a copy of the passport / nie / sales contract.

- and the car has itv.

good luck, you might need it.

or u could drive it as is. you CAN insure it, with them as the owner, if you have their NIE number. with all bills / fines going to them.. but that WOULD BE ILLEGAL, so is not recomended.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

A friend here bought, before I knew, a spanish reg car in UK, he drove it over for his sil, it has taken 9 months to get sorted, turned out there were 2 owners on the log book, but our local Gestor has had it in hand.

I would definately not buy a spanish reg car in UK
Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
A friend here bought, before I knew, a spanish reg car in UK, he drove it over for his sil, it has taken 9 months to get sorted, turned out there were 2 owners on the log book, but our local Gestor has had it in hand.

I would definately not buy a spanish reg car in UK
thats good, most gestors i know wont touch them.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
thats good, most gestors i know wont touch them.

Ive recently been offered a 20 k Audi for 10k for this reason alone!!! Named owner on docs cant be traced and current owner who has a UK stlye reciept in english but dose not have a copy of NIE
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
dont assume anything.

a transfer can NOT be done unless:

- the tax is up to date and you have the reciept or a copy of.

- the previous owner is present, or you have a copy of the passport / nie / sales contract.

- and the car has itv.

good luck, you might need it.

or u could drive it as is. you CAN insure it, with them as the owner, if you have their NIE number. with all bills / fines going to them.. but that WOULD BE ILLEGAL, so is not recomended.
for some reason i cant edit :

its not illegal, its just frowned upon.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rotor
Ive recently been offered a 20 k Audi for 10k for this reason alone!!! Named owner on docs cant be traced and current owner who has a UK stlye reciept in english but dose not have a copy of NIE
i´ll give them 500 euros and strip it for parts.