Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cancelling telefonica

Cancelling telefonica

Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Cancelling telefonica

I am about to (try to) cancel my telefonica phone and adsl. Does anyone have the current fax number they are giving out for the cancellation fax(1004 would not give me the number) . Do they want a copy of your n.i.e. as well as your passport? I

Thay have said they will post me a letter to sign and return but I am going to send them a fax now anyway (it can't hurt). I will share anything useful that comes out of my experience.

The operator said if the letter doesn't arrive in 15 days phone us... I want the line cancelled in 15 days!!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancelling telefonica

Originally Posted by petew
I am about to (try to) cancel my telefonica phone and adsl. Does anyone have the current fax number they are giving out for the cancellation fax(1004 would not give me the number) . Do they want a copy of your n.i.e. as well as your passport? I

Thay have said they will post me a letter to sign and return but I am going to send them a fax now anyway (it can't hurt). I will share anything useful that comes out of my experience.

The operator said if the letter doesn't arrive in 15 days phone us... I want the line cancelled in 15 days!!
I did it last month

phoned them and they sent the letter within a couple of days

had to phone them to give them the ref number from letter

phone was duly cut off (without having to return the letter by fax)

as the phone line was cut a few days before we moved I thought I would try and be sneaky and keep the internet connected so didnt turn off the pc for a few days....it worked
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Thanks for that - perhaps I am anticipating problems unnecessarily. It's just that the post is so unreliable I worry about anything which depends on it. The last time I cancelled ( a few years ago) they just said to send a fax - no need to wait for a letter.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You need to ring them and get them to send you a form, then you can ring them back with the number of the form, or fax it back to them or even post it back, may take up to a clouple of weeks for it to arrive, but they will send it to whatever addy you want them to, we used our mailbox, but got a native Spanish speaker to contact them to get the form sent.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

I did it a few weeks ago, once the letter arrives I faxed it back.
The still continued to take money, so my advice is get your bank to cancel the Direct Debit asap!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ballin
I did it a few weeks ago, once the letter arrives I faxed it back.
The still continued to take money, so my advice is get your bank to cancel the Direct Debit asap!
Fully agree, cancel your DD ASAP, we did that as soon as we requested cancellation
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like a good idea, but what happens about the final bill?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

I tried to send them a fax, but it wouldn't go through to the 2 different numbers I had found on the web - I guess they must keep changing it. So I went to Correos and sent them a Burofax. That's a service which sends a fax to a Correos office, which then delivers the message same day and posts you an official "acuse de recibo" (proof of delivery).
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

FYI the fax number is 902104132
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ballin
FYI the fax number is 902104132
Thanks for that - how up to date is that number? I think they change it regularly. This morning I received, in my mail box, proof of delivery of my Burofax from Correos - pretty efficient eh? ("Correos" and "efficient" - not 2 words you would have expected to find in the same sentence!).
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pretty up to date, i recieved the letter on the 15th December 2008.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update on saga of my trying to cancel my telefonica line. The letter I was told I would receive has not arrived after 10 days (what a surprise). I phoned 1004 today and was told that another letter would be sent and that if I hadn't received it by the 5th February to phone them. Anyway I have told my bank no more payments to Telefonica.
They don't seem to be able to grasp the idea that if they treated clients well when they are cancelling the service, for example because of a move, they might want to come back to them. Instead they make it as awkward as possible - a very short sighted policy!!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry about the red letters - I did a spell check - is that why they've come out red??
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:20 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petew
Sorry about the red letters - I did a spell check - is that why they've come out red??
I can't see anything in red
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I can't see anything in red
I can. ;-))
Attached Thumbnails Cancelling telefonica-red_knickers.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.