Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can you Help me Please?

Can you Help me Please?

Old Jul 9th 2018, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

peterflora is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To CountryBoy

Is there anyone who knows Alan Glover who lives in SAX, have been trying to trace him. I am not asking anyone to give me his address etc as I know the EU Data Protection Act even a yes or no I can supply my full details a PM if someone could pass my details onto Alan
Old Jul 9th 2018, 8:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterflora
Is there anyone who knows Alan Glover who lives in SAX, have been trying to trace him. I am not asking anyone to give me his address etc as I know the EU Data Protection Act even a yes or no I can supply my full details a PM if someone could pass my details onto Alan
If I were you I would put this in the Spain forum. The Lounge is a general forum so you won't find a lot of people living in Spain here.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Default Can you Help me Please?

It has been suggested I contact The Lounge as many ex pat's use the lounge, hence this message. I am trying to contact Alan Glover who is a long standing friend of 40 years but has move to a number of locations in Spain last information is he and his wife Carol has moved to SAX meaning we have lost touch. I also have been moving around a bit myself I am either in The Philippines and England so I am asking for help from Ex Pat's living in Sax,I know under the Data Protection help you are not allowed to give me his telephone number or address without his permission due to the EU's Data Protection Laws which I accept, but if you know Alan and happy to help me can you please PM me and I will send you my e mail address and telephone number to pass onto Alan.

All the best Peter Stenings.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 10:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Can you Help me Please?

Originally Posted by peterflora
It has been suggested I contact The Lounge as many ex pat's use the lounge, hence this message. I am trying to contact Alan Glover who is a long standing friend of 40 years but has move to a number of locations in Spain last information is he and his wife Carol has moved to SAX meaning we have lost touch. I also have been moving around a bit myself I am either in The Philippines and England so I am asking for help from Ex Pat's living in Sax,I know under the Data Protection help you are not allowed to give me his telephone number or address without his permission due to the EU's Data Protection Laws which I accept, but if you know Alan and happy to help me can you please PM me and I will send you my e mail address and telephone number to pass onto Alan.

All the best Peter Stenings.
The Lounge people will not be able to help. The suggestion was for this to be placed into the Spain forum, however I see you mention Sax. Do you mean Belgium please?

I will merge this with the previous two requests for help.

BEVS
SiteLead
Old Jul 11th 2018, 3:48 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
The Lounge people will not be able to help. The suggestion was for this to be placed into the Spain forum, however I see you mention Sax. Do you mean Belgium please?

I will merge this with the previous two requests for help.

BEVS
SiteLead
We have a Sax in Spain too.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:06 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by snikpoh
We have a Sax in Spain too.
Ah! H'okay.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Good Morning Bevs (snikpoh), Thank you for your message and sorry I misunderstood
My friend now lives in Sax Spain he lived in 4 other area's of Alicante I have contacted about 3 ex pat's sites,
I have been advertising on
Costa Blanca forum - Sax forum however (I will come clean so to speak), someone complained that I gave to much information and it was an evasion of my friends Privacy, how I manage to do that I really do not know, for all I have posted was his name, he plays golf, he is married, that I have known him for 40 years, I am worried he maybe ill, as it is unusual for him not to make contact. Jan (one of the persons who run the above sites) had to delete all of my requests because of a complaint banned me from advertising for my friend on any of the sites, as a person or person's (all ex Brit's) said I was invading my friends privacy. A number of ex pats who are also on these pages cannot see how my request was evasion of my friends privacy . But I accept Jan's decision as she was kind enough to allow me to use the site. So please do not merge with other ex pats sites as they will not be accepted.

I was going to e mail Sax Town Hall but cannot seem to find an e mail address for town hall also I was told there a three local authorities that look after Sax Spain, it appears my friends name and his wife's name are registered on the padrón (they have spelt his first name incorrectly instead of Alan they spelt it Allan).

I am not sure now what I can do to trace my friend may just have to give up in the hope he contacts me.

Once again I thank you for taking the time out to message me.

All the Best Peter
Old Jul 11th 2018, 7:43 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peter.

BEVS only meant that she would merge your post from one part of BE to another part of BE not with other expat sites so do not worry on that score. Not unusual at all for people in Spain to spell a name incorrectly due to the fact that many names are unknown to them. You are one step nearer to finding your friend due to knowing that he is on the padron in Sax so that is a positive. Good luck in your search.

Rosemary
Old Jul 11th 2018, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried a Sax facebook group? Google Sax, Spain, Ayuntamiento for the Town Hall
Old Jul 11th 2018, 1:06 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cermignano
Have you tried a Sax facebook group? Google Sax, Spain, Ayuntamiento for the Town Hall
Has the OP tried the Spanish White Pages?

https://www.numberway.com/es/

I advised the Cyprus one for some one looking for friends in Cyprus and they were found straight away...
Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

cermignano no I have not but will do so thank you
Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

dmu I did but last time we contacted he used his mobile but will try again thank you for the info
Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: I am looking for help please

Thank you for the info iaink much appreciated
Regards Peter
Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Hello again dmu, just re tried but unfortunately no number found, but thank you for the suggestion
Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

cermignano thank you for the link I have just sent message to the link you suggested with the help of my 16 year old son who translated if for - so his A+ in Spanish came very useful and a special thanks to you also
regards Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.