Can I,

Old May 4th 2011, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I,

insure a car registered in someone elses name ?
Old May 4th 2011, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I,

Yes, well Linea Directa do.
Old May 4th 2011, 11:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You can probably pay the dues, but I would think the policy would be in the owners name, otherwise you would get pulled by the onboard police camera
as vehicle uninsured.
Old May 4th 2011, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You can probably pay the dues, but I would think the policy would be in the owners name, otherwise you would get pulled by the onboard police camera
as vehicle uninsured.
It's the vehicle i want to insure, but for any driver.
Old May 4th 2011, 12:13 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Why not get the owner to insure it for any driver?
Old May 4th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Why not get the owner to insure it for any driver?
Because the owner has no credit card or bank account over here.
Old May 4th 2011, 1:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busters mum
It's the vehicle i want to insure, but for any driver.
That`s what I mean, it looks up the owners details and insurance policy etc, if it`s not in the right names they will stop you.
Old May 4th 2011, 1:17 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

so go to an agent/GestorĆ­a and pay by cash.

I would have thought they would have had to pay taxes for their house and road tax for the car via a bank account; no?
Old May 4th 2011, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would have thought they would have had to pay taxes for their house and road tax for the car via a bank account; no?[/QUOTE]

No, house is rented so the don't pay house tax, car bills come by post, they take cash to the bank and pay, i do this for my road tax.
Old May 4th 2011, 1:41 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I pay car insurance, with Linea Directa, through my bank, for a car not registered in my name. The yearly certificate comes out with the owner's name, but the bank payment details are in my name, I've just checked.
Old May 4th 2011, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBG
I pay car insurance, with Linea Directa, through my bank, for a car not registered in my name. The yearly certificate comes out with the owner's name, but the bank payment details are in my name, I've just checked.
Perfect, can you post a link so i could do it in English
Old May 4th 2011, 1:55 pm

I would have thought they would have had to pay taxes for their house and road tax for the car via a bank account; no?

No, house is rented so the don't pay house tax, car bills come by post, they take cash to the bank and pay, i do this for my road tax.

I see life is complicated then.
Old May 4th 2011, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
I see life is complicated then.
Not really, i don't like to pay with direct debit unless unavoidable, reason being, we once had an electric bill in the uk for just under 5,000 pounds, and paid by direct debit !!!
The guy that read the bill had read the first digit wrong the bill should have been 68 pounds. It took bloody ages to get the money refunded.
Old May 4th 2011, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

So assuming these people are in Spain, why dont they get the payment details from the insurance company and go and pay it in a bank themselves.

Also if they have cash to pay rent etc I assume they are withdrawing it from ATMĀ“s so why not pay with that card?
Old May 4th 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of

It's normal in Spain for Mummy and Daddy to own the car and for son or daughter to be insured on the vehicle, much cheaper.

Policy will be in the name of the person that takes out the policy. Ownership isn't an issue.

My OH carries a copy of the owner's DNI with him, in the car.

Police won't care so long as the ins policy payment details are for the car (correct registration on payment slip).

Edit: being a relative shouldn't matter, as the surnames for parent and child will be different anyway and therefore not recognisible as relatives.

Last edited by avocados; May 4th 2011 at 2:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.