Cameras!

Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cameras!

Originally Posted by pwwm
I run with two Sony cameras one is the DSC-F828, it is now four years old, but I have taken some really nice pictures with it, the other one is a newer camera to fit in my pocket. this is the DSC-W200 12 megapixels, ok it helps that daughter in law works at Sony and I get a discount but they are great camera's.
I just buy the stolen ones off ebay that are nicked from the Japs in Oxford St and just change the language back to English as the chav's are to clueless for that, but yes the W200 I have too is great but too many features for my simple job
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Get one with a viewfinder as trying to see anything in the screen when the sun is shining is impossible
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:57 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to Carrefour yesterday but couldnt see anything that would suit us, so I will go to our local electrical shops either today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip on the view finder, because most of the photos will be taken in the sun

Thanks to everyone else for their advice, and especially VT for being very patient on messenger
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you're thinking of taking serious photos, a digital SLR is probably overkill as they are not as portable as the small point and shoots. If you just need a decent little camera to slip in your handbag then Jumbo had quite a range for under 100 Euros. I don't know if there's one near you but we go to the one in Faro.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I need to buy a digital camera but not sure what to look for. Can anyone recommend a good make and anything else I need to know when buying one?

Thanks
I bought a Casio Exilim EX Z750 last year after previously owning a Fuji and a Cannon.

For the money I think this little camera is incredible, the battery life is so incredibly long you forget you have to charge it, it has a big LCD screen and a small viewfinder, it also doubles as a video camera and will capture sound and vision, not just for small clips but for the entire memory, it has loads of pre sets to make life easier on both camera and video, also 3 times optical zoom, all squeezed in a package 9cm x 6cm x 2.5cm thick.
Well recommended, oh and by the way , it takes great pictures.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

I have a nikon SLR and love it. Though if i was in the market for a pocket camera any canon will be more than upto the job.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:22 pm

Ive seen a camera I like but its a HP make, is that any good?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:23 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SD - wouldnt have a clue - make good printers
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:24 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

It'll do the job but not as well as the cameras previously mentioned.

I hope you're not doing a woman thing and going on looks over anything else
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:25 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel

Is that not what your supposed to do then
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:26 pm
zel

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Is that not what your supposed to do then
Of course it is Sam! and never forget if it's shiny you can do your lippy in the reflection!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:27 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by zel
Of course it is Sam! and never forget if it's shiny you can do your lippy in the reflection!
Its gotta be cute as well
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Try and stick with one of the others mentioned! Have MSN'd you!
Tim
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by zel

Its pink and I like pink!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:41 pm
zel

Its pink and I like pink!
You have GOT to be serious?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.