Cameras!

Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:39 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cameras!

I need to buy a digital camera but not sure what to look for. Can anyone recommend a good make and anything else I need to know when buying one?

Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cameras!

Originally Posted by Same Difference
I need to buy a digital camera but not sure what to look for. Can anyone recommend a good make and anything else I need to know when buying one?

Thanks
So you are going to change your avatar again?
You can borrow mine, I'm on my way!

Tim
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by valenciatim
So you are going to change your avatar again?
You can borrow mine, I'm on my way!

Tim
I thought I would get at least one serious answer before this thread got hijacked
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I would get at least one serious answer before this thread got hijacked
Not a Hijack, an offer of help! Honest!
What sort of budget? And seriously, what do you want it for?
They are all much the same these days.
Tim xx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Not a Hijack, an offer of help! Honest!
What sort of budget? And seriously, what do you want it for?
They are all much the same these days.
Tim xx
I dont even know where to start looking to be honest. I know theres something about megapixels I have to look for. I dont want to pay the earth, I just want a decent camera
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont even know where to start looking to be honest. I know theres something about megapixels I have to look for. I dont want to pay the earth, I just want a decent camera
Stick your msn on!
Tim
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:35 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Get one with as many megapixels as you can, that is a measure of the sharpnesss and quality of the picture. Optical zoom is better than digital, Getting one made by one of the better camera companies usually means a good quality lens on the camera, so Olympus, Nikon, would be good names to look for.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:29 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Canon Ixus cameras are brilliant if you want a compact point and snap camera!

Amazon normally have them on sale too! check it out!

Edit: Ixus 70 is about £115 on Amazon

BTW: Megapixels doesn't mean much when it comes to cameras these days, it's the quality of the CCD that is important and both Canon and the Sony point and click cameras are really good!

Last edited by zel; Mar 31st 2008 at 2:36 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
Canon Ixus cameras are brilliant if you want a compact point and snap camera!

Amazon normally have them on sale too! check it out!

Edit: Ixus 70 is about £115 on Amazon

BTW: Megapixels doesn't mean much when it comes to cameras these days, it's the quality of the CCD that is important and both Canon and the Sony point and click cameras are really good!
yes megapixels are irrelivant unless you have a specific use for the camera, just for everyday use is not going to help the more you have.

One bit of advice I will givem make sure the camera has its own battery, rather than the type that are relying on the common batteries in the shop. Even Good Sony cameras sometimes dont come with a decent battery.

I used a fair few Cameras in my trade, the most comfortable for me have been the Sony / Canon models, my pref will always be Sony with the bigger screens at the back
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:52 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I used a fair few Cameras in my trade, the most comfortable for me have been the Sony / Canon models, my pref will always be Sony with the bigger screens at the back
The smaller screen used to be an issue on the older Canons but all the new ones come with a 2.5 or 3" screen just like the Sonys!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I run with two Sony cameras one is the DSC-F828, it is now four years old, but I have taken some really nice pictures with it, the other one is a newer camera to fit in my pocket. this is the DSC-W200 12 megapixels, ok it helps that daughter in law works at Sony and I get a discount but they are great camera's.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I have an Olympus and a Leica, the Olympus is a digital SLR and its the one I use every day, it was about £300 and is absolutely brilliant, 7mp, and versatile, easy to use and bomb proof.

My Leica is a different matter, it cost a small fortune, in fact I have bought cars that cost less, but the quality is unbelievable and its a joy to use......................problem is that I am too scared to use it.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have an Olympus and a Leica, the Olympus is a digital SLR and its the one I use every day, it was about £300 and is absolutely brilliant, 7mp, and versatile, easy to use and bomb proof.

My Leica is a different matter, it cost a small fortune, in fact I have bought cars that cost less, but the quality is unbelievable and its a joy to use......................problem is that I am too scared to use it.
I'LL have it then
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

i have a casio, great camera, way better than my old fuji.
7+ megapixels is fine.
i saw some great sonys in media markt when i was looking for about €130

Last edited by digdug; Mar 31st 2008 at 7:57 pm. Reason: spelling getting worse....
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:05 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
I'LL have it then
I wont even let my OH touch it, what chance do you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.