Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying Off Plan - any tips and advice

Buying Off Plan - any tips and advice

Old Feb 6th 2021, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Off Plan - any tips and advice

Building near the coastline may need special permission - Spanish won't sell to UK 'Spies'

Beware community costs of golf club developments and golf balls raining down on your plot!

Old Feb 6th 2021, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goodbyebritain
The builder doesn't know I contacted one of his previous house buyers, the buyers were British, but its all a mute point now as the developer wont sell the plot on its own Now looking for another property, have found one of the same design and style but its on a golf course development and several hundred thousand more expensive! I hate golf!
Even where we are the properties on the golf course are extremely expensive and can go well above 1 million but outside the golf course you could buy 4 plots and build 4 houses for that price. As spainrico mentioned, you also have the high community fees and it really only makes sense for the wealthy golf lover and those who want an investment.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goodbyebritain
I am planning on moving to Spain sometime over the next year or two via a Golden Visa application. In my original plan I wanted to buy a cheap run down house that was listed for around 220,000 euros and then spend another several hundred thousand euros plus doing it up, but because of the way Spanish Golden Visa works that's a non starter as I need to spend min 500,000 euros on the property itself as Spain does not recognize the additional value of the building works.

So, long story short,

Found an off plan house (I've never bought off plan before) I really really like just down the coast from Marbella and its over magic 500,000 euros required for the golden visa. I am interested in this property based on the design put forward and the plot location but I would like the builders to make some changes and add an extra room and an underground garage, The plot has all the permissions to build the house to the original 4 bedroom design but the builder has told me he can do the additional works I want without requiring any additional permissions from the planing department in Spain which strikes me as not likely to be true! Can anyone confirm if this is actually true or not?

Also, can anyone tell me what the expected down payment should be?

Also anything else I should look out for or be aware off?

Thanks in advance Steve
Never buy off plan in Spain unless the idea of losing your deposit and numerous legal battles excites you , every one I`ve met who did all got stung, it`s nothing like the UK .
Old Oct 12th 2021, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 12th 2021, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Josh Sherry
Hi,
<snip>
Many thanks,
Josh
Your first post promotes your business , your first day on the internet?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 12th 2021 at 8:01 pm. Reason: Advertising blurb removed
Old Oct 12th 2021, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I bought off-plan 20 years ago and would never do it again especially with so much property now available.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spainrico
I bought off-plan 20 years ago and would never do it again especially with so much property now available.
Many people find its the most easy way to lose their life's savings , more off plan developments seem to go bust than get finished by the original developer , avoid like the plague would be my advice.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Josh Sherry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rotor
Many people find its the most easy way to lose their life's savings , more off plan developments seem to go bust than get finished by the original developer , avoid like the plague would be my advice.
Apologies it felt right to let you know <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 12th 2021 at 8:30 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Apologies it felt right <snip>
Old Oct 12th 2021, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies it felt right to let you know <snip>
It might have felt right, but it's still against our site rules. Please read them again, particularly site rule 9. You've very welcome here, as long as you don't spam!
Old Oct 12th 2021, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, but I can't see any rule that was broken in that last post. I just gave some of my current experience buying off-plan and what the market is doing.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, but I can't see any rule that was broken in that last post. I just gave some of my current experience buying off-plan and what the market is doing.
You really are not the sharpest tool in the box are you ? you come on to a forum and start advertising in your first post , you sound desperate which is not a good advert for any business.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 9:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You 'directed people to your services' by giving your experience and then asking them to PM you. Please don't tout for business, and just FYI bumping old threads is really not great netiquette - this thread is from February!
Old Oct 12th 2021, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rotor
You really are not the sharpest tool in the box are you ? you come on to a forum and start advertising in your first post , you sound desperate which is not a good advert for any business.
Personally, I think when somebody is looking to invest a large amount of money it is important they are given the correct and current advice. It is just as important to know where the advice has come from to determine how accurate it is. Giving a job title to me doesn't advertise the company you work for it's just validating what you are saying.

You can continue to resort to name-calling and pretending you are an admin if that's what you need to do to feel important. I will continue to answer any questions if I feel I have the expertise and knowledge to do so.

Now is a good time to invest off-plan and since 2016 changes in the law have made it safe to do so. However, it is always important to have a good Spanish property lawyer. You will maximize your investment by buying off-plan and the current market means there are limited new developments for the demand. Therefore in order to buy the best plot, you may find you have to buy off-plan, but you will then get a choice of some of the finishes.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 10:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I think when somebody is looking to invest a large amount of money it is important they are given the correct and current advice. It is just as important to know where the advice has come from to determine how accurate it is. Giving a job title to me doesn't advertise the company you work for it's just validating what you are saying.

You can continue to resort to name-calling and pretending you are an admin if that's what you need to do to feel important. I will continue to answer any questions if I feel I have the expertise and knowledge to do so.

Now is a good time to invest off-plan and since 2016 changes in the law have made it safe to do so. However, it is always important to have a good Spanish property lawyer. You will maximize your investment by buying off-plan and the current market means there are limited new developments for the demand. Therefore in order to buy the best plot, you may find you have to buy off-plan, but you will then get a choice of some of the finishes.
Whilst your knowledge may be helpful to members I strongly advise you to stay within the site rules. https://britishexpats.com/site-rules There is no advertising allowed on the forum, no touting for business on the open forum and both of these rules also apply to PM´s. If you break these rules again you will lose your posting rights.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Oct 12th 2021 at 10:23 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.