Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying in Costa Blanca

Buying in Costa Blanca

Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:14 am
Just Joined

gary johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying in Costa Blanca

Hi all i have been looking forward to speaking to people who live in Spain. I'm looking to buy early this year and fancied Costa Del sol but prices are a little high for me. looking at Costa Blanca now and it seems really nice i have 70K. I want a nice quiet place but within walking distant to bars, restaurants and beach. I will rent out 20 weeks of the year so i need to bear this in mind, any ideas are welcomed.

thank you

Gary
Old Jan 21st 2014, 10:45 am
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying in Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by gary johnson
Hi all i have been looking forward to speaking to people who live in Spain. I'm looking to buy early this year and fancied Costa Del sol but prices are a little high for me. looking at Costa Blanca now and it seems really nice i have 70K. I want a nice quiet place but within walking distant to bars, restaurants and beach. I will rent out 20 weeks of the year so i need to bear this in mind, any ideas are welcomed.

thank you

Gary
You're talking about the southern Costa Blanca at £70K. A Place In The Sun just ran a week of programmes about this, SKY lets you look back at past programmes, you will have no problem finding something at that price. However if you need to rent in order to buy you might find it difficult as there are more properties than prospective renters.

Good luck.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:01 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

thank you

Gary
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'd temper your expectations about renting, unless you have family and friends lined up to fill those 20 weeks, you'll be one of many, many people trying to do the same thing, in the same area. Look at some availability of rentals in the area you are looking at, most are struggling, they are all much of a muchness.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:04 am
Just Joined

gary johnson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I don't need to rent but it would be nice, its more of the right Area i was looking for. I did watch the place in the sun but its hard to get a feel of the area but thanks for the advice.

Gary
Old Jan 21st 2014, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I don't need to rent but it would be nice, its more of the right Area i was looking for. I did watch the place in the sun but its hard to get a feel of the area but thanks for the advice.

Gary
If you do not need to rent my advice would be not to.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:10 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

It may be worth checking the listings in Airbnb, as you can see the (probable) occupancy level for different months. Looking at central Madrid listings, those flats that have a modern look and free wifi seem to have a decent uptake considering we're early in the year.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Gary
A Place In the Sun gives as much mis-information as information.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 2:15 pm
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chopera
A Place In the Sun gives as much mis-information as information.
I'm sure that you are correct, because when areas that I know well come up, the presenter rarely knows very much about anything other than the property in hand. However, it is a step up from staring at rightmove adds, which have almost zero info. Why is it when the advertised property is on say, the Benissa coast, that they won't tell you where it is located, thus wasting everyone's time?

Last edited by crookesey; Jan 21st 2014 at 2:19 pm.