Falklands poll

Old Jan 17th 2014, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Falklands poll

Telegraph Falklands poll highlights strength of feeling

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32484
Old Jan 17th 2014, 12:41 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Falklands poll

I'm afraid within the next 10 years Argentina will be able to take the islands easily. It won't be down to cuts in the UK defence budget (although they don't help), just the way new tech will promote new methods of warfare.
If the Brits were sensible they'd negotiate a long term handover now. Talking about "wishes of a few thousand Falklanders are paramount" don't really convince - remember how the wishes of millions of Irish (or Indians) were ignored until the Brits were forced to move out.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:05 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I'm afraid within the next 10 years Argentina will be able to take the islands easily. It won't be down to cuts in the UK defence budget (although they don't help), just the way new tech will promote new methods of warfare.
If the Brits were sensible they'd negotiate a long term handover now. Talking about "wishes of a few thousand Falklanders are paramount" don't really convince - remember how the wishes of millions of Irish (or Indians) were ignored until the Brits were forced to move out.
Never gonna happen mate. Argentina, with the best will in the world, will never have the military upper hand on us, no matter what tosh the papers and media outlets are reporting at the moment. Even if it ever gets it's shit together the country will never have the global backing it needs to take on what is the fourth biggest spending military country in the world. As I've said time and time again on this particular subject, for one, if there is oil there is no hope.... Absolutely no hope. If the UK gov is happy to frack then they will NEVER give up oil and secondly we now have ships, like Dauntless, that do the work of two or three ships in the past, Dauntless is capable of detecting at 1000 miles and striking from as far out as 120 miles.... She is just one of the new Daring class we now have.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

I canĀ“t see Britain handing over the Falklands in my life time though never say never.
Regardless of the reasons for and against, until the last war is confined to the history books, there wonĀ“t be a Prime Minister with enough balls (or lack of) to hand it over!
Feeling are still too raw and it would be seen as weakness, thus one of the final acts of any government.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:56 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Much the normal Lord Haw Haw type response we have come to expect from BE's own Es. M.O.P.

It will be a sad day for the UK if it cant stay well ahead in the technology ratings of a third rate country like that which is almost in a worse state than Spain at present with little hope for the near future.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:01 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Never gonna happen mate. Argentina, with the best will in the world, will never have the military upper hand on us, no matter what tosh the papers and media outlets are reporting at the moment. Even if it ever gets it's shit together the country will never have the global backing it needs to take on what is the fourth biggest spending military country in the world. As I've said time and time again on this particular subject, for one, if there is oil there is no hope.... Absolutely no hope. If the UK gov is happy to frack then they will NEVER give up oil and secondly we now have ships, like Dauntless, that do the work of two or three ships in the past, Dauntless is capable of detecting at 1000 miles and striking from as far out as 120 miles.... She is just one of the new Daring class we now have.
This type of talk reminds me of the British in Singapore just before the Japs walked in...
Anyway, I just hope there doesn't need to be another conflict. Nothing less impressive than armchair warriors (hiding behind anonymity) trying to appear brave with words - not referring to opinions here, of course.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:59 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

This type of talk reminds me of the British in Singapore just before the Japs walked in...
Anyway, I just hope there doesn't need to be another conflict. Nothing less impressive than armchair warriors (hiding behind anonymity) trying to appear brave with words - not referring to opinions here, of course.
Sounds like your Spanish pals have got you well and truly brainwashed, though probably you already were.

Not much sign of the old bulldog spirit with you melad, time you grew yourself a pair methinks.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Sounds like your Spanish pals have got you well and truly brainwashed, though probably you already were.

Not much sign of the old bulldog spirit with you melad, time you grew yourself a pair methinks.
Is MOP comparing the power of Japan in the forties to Argentina nowadays? Whilst I deplore the reduction of our Armed Forces, I think we are more than capable of taking on some rag tag sudaca nation which is skint, who's Armed Forces are much less capable now than they were in the 80's. As for armchair warriors, unlike our bookseller, lots of us here have taken the Queen's Shilling, the Forces would have broken his heart.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1777802/pg1
Old Jan 17th 2014, 10:08 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by agoreira
Is MOP comparing the power of Japan in the forties to Argentina nowadays? Whilst I deplore the reduction of our Armed Forces, I think we are more than capable of taking on some rag tag sudaca nation which is skint, who's Armed Forces are much less capable now than they were in the 80's. As for armchair warriors, unlike our bookseller, lots of us here have taken the Queen's Shilling, the Forces would have broken his heart.
Looks like the Argie govt is playing the same game as Rajoy and his cronies by trying to take peeps minds off the deep shit they are both in.

Diversionary tactics I believe it's called.

Come to think of it, it kind of reminds me of one or two characters on here.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 10:29 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Hong Kong is an even better example. Argentina is clearly on the up and up on the macro view of where its economy is going, so its just some time before its military will be a match for the UK, particularly with the advantage the Argies have with proximity. A long term deal might be a pretty good idea, but the government of now is probably not going to do it as they would see no direct immediate benefits and just get flack. A down side of democracy, less incentive for such mid to long term planing.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 11:38 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Maybe Hong Kong is an even better example. Argentina is clearly on the up and up on the macro view of where its economy is going, so its just some time before its military will be a match for the UK, particularly with the advantage the Argies have with proximity. A long term deal might be a pretty good idea, but the government of now is probably not going to do it as they would see no direct immediate benefits and just get flack. A down side of democracy, less incentive for such mid to long term planing.
Oh dear, first minister of the church of total bollox and codswallop more like.

The Argies haven't a snowball in hells chance of catching up to the UK technology wise, which would probably be the major factor in any conflict.

Last time, even with the massive advantage of catching the UK with it's pants down as well as being the occupying force, they still had neither the know how nor the bottle to hang on against a smaller force that traveled half way around the world and had to launch an offensive from the sea.

I would guess that their chances of ever regaining such an advantage again are virtually non-existent, with UK military intelligence now being fully aware of every tiny movement they make, right down to what they had for breakfast and what time they go to the bog.

Sorry to disappoint your good self and Brigadier Lord Haw Haw there, but it's a non starter old son and nobody knows it better than the Argies themselves.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading a book by Michael Moore, who had discovered that the Argentinians once offered 100,000 dollars to each and every Falklander if they agreed to take Argentinian nationality. All refused and the British got that familiar 'warm feeling'.
So Michael Moore took a film crew to Maerdy in Wales and, on behalf of the Argies, made the same offer. The whole town said they'd switch, and could they be paid in cash? The British Gov heard about this and deported Moore and his crew on the next flight back to America...
Old Jan 18th 2014, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenox
I was reading a book by Michael Moore, who had discovered that the Argentinians once offered 100,000 dollars to each and every Falklander if they agreed to take Argentinian nationality. All refused and the British got that familiar 'warm feeling'.
So Michael Moore took a film crew to Maerdy in Wales and, on behalf of the Argies, made the same offer. The whole town said they'd switch, and could they be paid in cash? The British Gov heard about this and deported Moore and his crew on the next flight back to America...
I once put forward this idea to a friend in Spain who's family became expats before WW1

That the Spanish government provide the funds for Spaniards to purchase property in Gib to such an extent that they could seriously influence any vote here.

His answer :- Don't be stupid, once these Spaniards experienced life in Gib they would defect.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 8:24 am
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by agoreira
I can see Dick's comment on Aggy's post.
Hilarious. Posting anonymously and telling someone else to grow a pair
As for Aggy - still pretending to ignore certain posters, yet every other post is about them.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 8:26 am
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by kimilseung

Seems we'll never learn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.