Buying a bar

Old Dec 22nd 2019, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a bar

Its the way the UK has gone Fred or going at least and really its been that way in Europe for years. I read an article recently about the shrinking UK nightclub scene with more and more clubs closing down.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Its the way the UK has gone Fred or going at least and really its been that way in Europe for years. I read an article recently about the shrinking UK nightclub scene with more and more clubs closing down.
There are a few proper pubs still here in Gib and I have recently returned from Bristol were again I found pubs that were not biased in favour of food but at ridiculous prices

Shortly I will be on the Algarve another place I can drink in uninterrupted comfort and order food at my leisure.

Old Dec 23rd 2019, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Nowhere is cheap these days Fred. 2019 has seen me out to Crete, Cyprus, Gran Canaria and mainland Spain and yes you can find cheap bars selling your half litre 'pint' for a couple of euros (as you can in the UK where you get a full pint) the 'nicer' bars to me seemed to typically charging €3-€5 a drink or more; prices seem to have levelled off across Europe. Next trip is Tenerife, looking forward to some winter warmth
Old Dec 24th 2019, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

As the saying goes.
The best way to make a small fortune by opening a bar in Spain ,
Is to arrive with a large fortune.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Nowhere is cheap these days Fred. 2019 has seen me out to Crete, Cyprus, Gran Canaria and mainland Spain and yes you can find cheap bars selling your half litre 'pint' for a couple of euros (as you can in the UK where you get a full pint) the 'nicer' bars to me seemed to typically charging €3-€5 a drink or more; prices seem to have levelled off across Europe. Next trip is Tenerife, looking forward to some winter warmth
Below a recent quote from another thread
Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I believe it was cider but in a largish plastic bottle.

Just for comparison I was paying £2.50 a pint in Gib for drinkable cider whilst in Bristol I was charged £8.50 for a pint and a half of local rubbish that had no taste and I would guess had been watered down
Last night I was in a different bar due to a mate having a farewell party.
Instead of the £2.50 a pint I was served half litres by 2 europeans who swore blind that a half litre is a pint and charging £4 for this short measure.
Old Dec 25th 2019, 11:44 am
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

Vegan Trifle and a sprout for Lozza......merry xmas
Old Dec 26th 2019, 8:15 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Below a recent quote from another thread

Last night I was in a different bar due to a mate having a farewell party.
Instead of the £2.50 a pint I was served half litres by 2 europeans who swore blind that a half litre is a pint and charging £4 for this short measure.
you must be in a tourist resort. A 500ml beer is still €1.50-€2 around here.

Oh, and you should start getting used to the metric system. The old imperial system is all but obsolete.
Old Dec 26th 2019, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing how few "Britanicos" understand the metric system !
Old Dec 26th 2019, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

We get served 'pints' in the local Spanish bar in Polop.

In fact the beer is usually in Carling glasses (the beer is local though, but they do sell foreign beers) and we get charged €1.60

And its not full of Brits, the owners are Spanish and lots of locals drink there as well as Germans, Dutch and Scandinavians as well.

As to the imperial system being all but obsolete I couldn't get metric drills in Canada last year. The US still uses it as well as Myanmar and Liberia.
And Im assuming the UK will readopt it some time soon (I'm joking but all road signs are still in MPH and Miles for destination.)
Old Dec 26th 2019, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I think you will find that after Brexit Andrea Leadsom might well reject the metric system. Imperial units are better for children's maths.

Last edited by philat98; Dec 26th 2019 at 2:43 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2019, 5:36 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
I think you will find that after Brexit Andrea Leadsom might well reject the metric system. Imperial units are better for children's maths.

​​​​​​​Do British children have 12 fingers and 7 toes or something?

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 28th 2019 at 6:10 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Spain must attract the dumb brits then. I'm 65 and think in metric as do my children and grand children. My 12 year old grandson knows a pint is a big glass of beer but its just a type of glass to him, talk about half a litre and he'll know its a measure.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
you must be in a tourist resort. A 500ml beer is still €1.50-€2 around here.

Oh, and you should start getting used to the metric system. The old imperial system is all but obsolete.
obsolete? Have you been to any plumbing outlet in Spain to buy tubing and joints. Many are still sold in imperial measurements - inches. A neighbours caterpillar tractor has some non metric fittings.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 9:50 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

No need to worry mate, a number of Tory politicians are saying that Brexit means we will be able to go back to the gallons, pints, feet, inches etc we used to use, because they are of an age group that can't understand how much easier the metric system is.
Old Dec 29th 2019, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Do British children have 12 fingers and 7 toes or something?
I think it's 6 toes - unless they're baker's!

​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.