buy or rent

Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default buy or rent

Hi everyone, to buy or rent till you find your feet, what do you recomend?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buy or rent

Originally Posted by jeanc
rent...........definately

I know quite a few people who bought holiday homes, came for hols for several years, moved into them 'permanently', then discovered what was great for a holiday was a nightmare to live in

also others who had to go back to the Uk for one reason or another & couldn't then sell their property.........and couldn't afford to keep it either
Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:55 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jeanc,

My advice would definitely be rent first and then decide if and where you would like to buy.

Martha
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnxa
rent...........definately

I know quite a few people who bought holiday homes, came for hols for several years, moved into them 'permanently', then discovered what was great for a holiday was a nightmare to live in

also others who had to go back to the Uk for one reason or another & couldn't then sell their property.........and couldn't afford to keep it either
where about in spain r u?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

If you do the numbers renting is way cheaper and let you test the waters. BTW you should never sign a renting contract longer than 1 year, since it'll be automatically valid for 5, anyway.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gudes
If you do the numbers renting is way cheaper and let you test the waters. BTW you should never sign a renting contract longer than 1 year, since it'll be automatically valid for 5, anyway.
Hi gudes,
never rented b4 in my life so it would all b new. Got pets though n kids do n find plenty of rentals that let you take them?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

Hi gudes,
never rented b4 in my life so it would all b new. Got pets though n kids do n find plenty of rentals that let you take them?
It's hard to predict the future and the decision to buy or rent is very personal. But the real-estate market in Spain is in big turmoil. The worst problem is that there are no reliable statistics. I don't see why you would have problems finding a rental place in your situation. Where are you planning to be?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

It's hard to predict the future and the decision to buy or rent is very personal. But the real-estate market in Spain is in big turmoil. The worst problem is that there are no reliable statistics. I don't see why you would have problems finding a rental place in your situation. Where are you planning to be?
The most reliable statistic is your eyes, Look at the sheer number of houses on the market in Spain , and general time from going on market to sale,we went thru this subject sometime ago, and IMV, the Spanish housing market is a high risk venture, I have bought a house here (kept my UK house as well), however given the current status, I wouldnt buy again, there is simply to many houses on the market, the prices are way overinflated, the buyers are mainly retirees from UK,Holland, Belgium, Ireland, This is funded mainly by their house sales in home country, and more importantly by the fact that a significant number are retiree's with company pensions ( Final salary types), which are now becoming very rare, so where is the money to buy in Spain gonna come from in say 5 to 10 Years, particularly as a lot of these current retirees will be fading away, or thru health returning to the UK adding even more houses to the oversubscribed market..The Eastern EU (The new ones) wont be able to afford it for a long while yet) if you can answer that you have answered your rent or buy question.

Only a very predujiced view, and I havent been stung yet
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

looking from say La Marina, down to Los Montesinos area came out looking on 10th march stayed on la marina and had a good drive round. Coming out on 17th april with hubby staying in an hotel in torrevieja.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
The most reliable statistic is your eyes, Look at the sheer number of houses on the market in Spain , and general time from going on market to sale,we went thru this subject sometime ago, and IMV, the Spanish housing market is a high risk venture, ...
I agree with your point of view. Another way to look at the market is to compare buying with renting. My numbers tell me that renting is cheap in Spain, while buying is not cheap and very risky these days. If I had a house in England I would keep it and rent it out. With that rent you probably can rent a nice house here and you'll still have some extra money. Renting in Spain has to adapt to the salaries in Spain - quite low compared to UK salaries.

Cheers!
Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:19 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

where about in spain r u?
Javea, costa blanca
Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:22 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Hi gudes,
We've got 2 kids, 2 cats & a canary...........we've found Spanish owners much more amenable to pets than english

I know someone who rents ...2 big dogs & maybe a dozen cats!
Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

without a doubt RENT - 100%
Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
The most reliable statistic is your eyes, Look at the sheer number of houses on the market in Spain , and general time from going on market to sale,we went thru this subject sometime ago, and IMV, the Spanish housing market is a high risk venture, I have bought a house here (kept my UK house as well), however given the current status, I wouldnt buy again, there is simply to many houses on the market, the prices are way overinflated, the buyers are mainly retirees from UK,Holland, Belgium, Ireland, This is funded mainly by their house sales in home country, and more importantly by the fact that a significant number are retiree's with company pensions ( Final salary types), which are now becoming very rare, so where is the money to buy in Spain gonna come from in say 5 to 10 Years, particularly as a lot of these current retirees will be fading away, or thru health returning to the UK adding even more houses to the oversubscribed market..The Eastern EU (The new ones) wont be able to afford it for a long while yet) if you can answer that you have answered your rent or buy question.

Only a very predujiced view, and I havent been stung yet
we've been here 3.5 years........no intention of buying in the current climate
Old Apr 8th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnxa
We've got 2 kids, 2 cats & a canary...........we've found Spanish owners much more amenable to pets than english

I know someone who rents ...2 big dogs & maybe a dozen cats!
Hi Lynnxa, are long term lets easy to come by on the costa blanca? got to get kids in a school, they're 13 & 14 so gonna have to be an international school any good ones on costa blanca? say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.