buy or rent

Old Apr 8th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: buy or rent

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we've been here 3.5 years........no intention of buying in the current climate
Have you been in same house 3.5 yrs or do you have to keep moving? Does the rent go up in summer?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 6:00 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

We are buying off-plan, put our names and deposit down 3 years ago. With all the turmoil and delays I would definitely say that if I could do it again I would rent first and see how the land lies.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 6:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
Have you been in same house 3.5 yrs or do you have to keep moving? Does the rent go up in summer?
We have in fact moved several times, but we've always had a long contract, with no rent increase in summer, although I know of many people who suffer those types of contract.

At first we had a great 2nd floor apartment in the port, almost right on the seafront, but with nowhere for the kids (then age 7 & 4) to play we decided to move to a villa after a few months. It was a lovely villa in the hills, but we found it way too cold in the winter, and the drive to get anywhere began to get a bit wearing.

We then moved to a ground floor apartment between the port & the 'Arenal' area, on a small urbanisation with communal garden & pool. We might have stayed there, but when they built a new primary school, we decided to move a bit nearer to it, so that the kids could cycle to school.

We moved on to the urbanisation where we are now about 16 months ago, although we did move houses again in Feb this year from the shady side of the pool (cold & damp in the winter) to the sunny side (with air con for the summer). Where we are it is perfect for us....lots of other kids (spanish) for ours to play with, walk or cycle to just about anywhere we want, 2 mins walk to the nearest rocky beach, less than 10 to the sandy one. Now that the kids are getting a bit older (11 & 7) we hardly see them...always in & out of each others' houses!

Last edited by lynnxa; Apr 8th 2007 at 6:05 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 6:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
Hi Lynnxa, are long term lets easy to come by on the costa blanca? got to get kids in a school, they're 13 & 14 so gonna have to be an international school any good ones on costa blanca? say
There are several International schools in our area......Xabia International College & Lady Elizabeth to name two in Javea. Both have good reputations ......Lady Elizabeth is the more 'English' of the two, although both teach the English national curriculum.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

We've got 2 kids, 2 cats & a canary...........we've found Spanish owners much more amenable to pets than english

I know someone who rents ...2 big dogs & maybe a dozen cats!
Sounds absoulutely disgusting!! Horrible in fact!
Old Apr 8th 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

There are several International schools in our area......Xabia International College & Lady Elizabeth to name two in Javea. Both have good reputations ......Lady Elizabeth is the more 'English' of the two, although both teach the English national curriculum.
Thanx lynnxa,
given me plenty 2 think about.