Reload this Page >

business broadband in spain!

business broadband in spain!

Old May 13th 2007, 10:08 am
Just Joined

eiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Question business broadband in spain!

hey guys!

i was just wondering if any of you knew anything about business broadband in spain. I am moving to galicia in a week and I would really appreciate any help i could get before diving into the deep end!

thanks in advance!
Old May 13th 2007, 12:06 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: business broadband in spain!

Originally Posted by eiss
hey guys!

i was just wondering if any of you knew anything about business broadband in spain. I am moving to galicia in a week and I would really appreciate any help i could get before diving into the deep end!

thanks in advance!
Hi eiss and welcome to the forum.

What exactly would you like to know re business broadband?

We have two business broadband connections with Telefonica, but I'm not sure what you are actually asking

Martha
Old May 13th 2007, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi eiss and welcome to the forum.

What exactly would you like to know re business broadband?

We have two business broadband connections with Telefonica, but I'm not sure what you are actually asking

Martha
ah sorry i wasnt very specific!

i have been trying to find spanish isp's that provide business internet connections but so far havent been able to find any. Probably because im in uk looking for it and not too sure where to look!

how much is the telefonica connection? and what bandwidth do they offer?
Old May 13th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I use IDECNET as my home ISP - but their main business is business. The have a very good reputation and I chose them for their good customer reviews.

their website is all in spanish but they're bound to have someone who speaks english (they're based in the canaries)

Idecnet.com
Old May 13th 2007, 2:49 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

ah sorry i wasnt very specific!

i have been trying to find spanish isp's that provide business internet connections but so far havent been able to find any. Probably because im in uk looking for it and not too sure where to look!

how much is the telefonica connection? and what bandwidth do they offer?
Hi again,

Telefonica is the only internet/broadband provider in Spain (all other companies connect through Telefonica). At least as far as I know. There is a weblink below which gives information re businesses (empressas) and landlines that they provide, but I'm afraid it's in Spanish.

Click here

You can also translate the webpage using Altavista and copy/pasting the link address in and although the translation is crap, you will get some idea of what they are offering. They also do special offers very frequently.

We pay a basic monthly charge of €45.07 for ADSL and €13.70 for landline. Our actual connection was done 3 years ago, so I don't think it would help you to know that we paid about €110 for that as I'm sure prices are different now.

I'm afraid I don't know what the bandwidth is (have looked at papers, but can't see anything there), but I do know it's bloody fast in downloading almost anything

Hope I have helped in some miniscule way
Martha
Old May 13th 2007, 3:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Telefonica in Spain is the same as BT in the UK. There are numerous providors, but you need to see if they can actually provide in your area as Telefonica are, shall we say, not particularly helpful to some of the providors

http://www.adslzone.net/comparativa.html
Old May 13th 2007, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Telefonica in Spain is the same as BT in the UK. There are numerous providors, but you need to see if they can actually provide in your area as Telefonica are, shall we say, not particularly helpful to some of the providors

http://www.adslzone.net/comparativa.html
right ! thanks for your help i will have to do some research and hopefully it will go well!
Old May 14th 2007, 6:08 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

right ! thanks for your help i will have to do some research and hopefully it will go well!
I live in a semi-rural area and get 1mb and a guy just down the road cant get it, some members live in the sticks and get 3mb.
Telefonica advertise 8mb, but I think you would have to be in their office to get that. LOL
If you know a nearby phone number type it in and it will let you know what is available. The link is in the free beer thread.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:29 am
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi again,

Telefonica is the only internet/broadband provider in Spain (all other companies connect through Telefonica). At least as far as I know.
Jazztel also provide this service as they can take over the telephone line from Telefonica and then provide up to 20mb broadband.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:30 am
Just Joined

ooh !

thanks i will have to check that out, really appreciate the help guys
Old May 14th 2007, 9:50 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Telefonica don´t have a total monopoly on telephone lines.

I don´t know the name of all their competitors, but ONO and Jazztel are two who can provide you with broadband without having to use the old telefonica lines (PROVIDED they have coverage in your area).
Old May 14th 2007, 10:44 am
Just Joined

well we arent totally in the sticks so im crossing my fingers and hoping we will have some luck!
Old May 14th 2007, 12:48 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

If your business is dependant on the adsl line not going down then maybe avoid Jazztel.

I did consider signing up with them a few weeks ago but cancelled it after reading many horror stories on the web. It's no fun when your connection disappears for over a week.

Back in the UK i was always moaning about BT but my God how I would love them now.