Burning bulls

Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burning bulls

Takes all sorts.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
A horse bread for racing actually wants to run. Fact!
I´m not sure a bull wants to be slowly stabbed to death, or have their heads set on fire!
As for watching such an event making one a better person, I beg to differ.
In fact I´d go as far as to say it would put one in the dwindling minority group of sadistic sick minded freaks that I consider such people to be!
You don't know what the horse wants.

There are literally hundreds of rituals and ceremonies carried out around the world of which we in the 'civilized' west disapprove.

It doesn't make us right and them wrong.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 10:32 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy

There are literally hundreds of rituals and ceremonies carried out around the world of which we in the 'civilized' west disapprove.

I have a couple of friends, each own race horses so it´s through them I know a little about them.
I have to disagree agree with you Stuboy ref right and wrong.
Unnecessary suffering to man or beast is wrong.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

In general terms - here on this thread and elsewhere - many Brits and others are concerned about the suffering of our fellow creatures. Very laudable too. But this must be a modern idea, to imagine and concern oneself for the feelings of other humans and animals (of course, with the Brits, it's animals first and then humans). People climbed over each other in the past, with never a thought for anyone else. They still do in nine tenths of the world. We sometimes meet them today, in our modern utopias, and we think of them as psychos. We pray for 'karma' to come and strike them.
But Life and Death are constant and impartial. Don't pretend it doesn't happen.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Empathy...a modern idea
Old Nov 10th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy

I am assuming that you consider Spain to be part of the civilized West?

Libya, ISIS, Syria and the whole of the Palestinian diaspora cannot be equated to setting live animals on fire. I don't think anyone feels that the Arabs are in it for the fun

That such a barbaric atrocity can be put on for 'entertainment' and pleasure brings shame to the nation.

I don't quite know who the 'us and them' are but anyone with an ounce of decency is not going to bandy about the word "culture" to excuse this revolting and reprehensible Behaviour shame shame shame!