Burglaries

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burglaries

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Expect the burglars to be suing the property owners anytime now for having dangerous dogs outside unmuzzled.
I`d gladly pay a fine so long as the burglars were severly mauled
Reminds me (here I go again)of when a friend of my father was living in the maldives some 30 years ago,came home to find a burglar in the house ,he held the burglar at gunpoint whilst phoning the police, whilst waiting to get through the burglar said he would kill him and his family when he got out of jail, BANG , threat eliminated
Rgds

Rotor
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
That is why you never leave your children unattended,We know that crime is lower here in Spain and the Spanish are very family led that in itself brings a false sense of security because what we forget is that Spain is visited by many nationalities and also paedophiles from all over the world. Trust me I know I am not an alarmist but just remember that when you let little johnny off to the Restaurant loo on his own etc just because you are inside or can see the loo door go with the child or you never know what could happen and these offence take minutes to commit but scar for life.
Good advice, as the parent of a youngster its my biggest fear,Spanish police may know where most spanish convicted paedophiles live but have no idea of tourists background, frightening really, for this reason is it such a good idea to open up all border crossings? Brussels has made a lot of mistakes and this is a major one , a tattooed `P` on the forehead would help alot as well as chemical castration but the human rights _ankers and the PC _ankers have to much sway.
Stay Vigilant

Rotor
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:12 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rotor
I`d gladly pay a fine so long as the burglars were severly mauled
Reminds me (here I go again)of when a friend of my father was living in the maldives some 30 years ago,came home to find a burglar in the house ,he held the burglar at gunpoint whilst phoning the police, whilst waiting to get through the burglar said he would kill him and his family when he got out of jail, BANG , threat eliminated
Rgds

Rotor
Lesser of two eveils I reckon there. Live the rest of your life wondering if the guy really is tracking you and your family down or live the rest of your life in peace but having to deal with shooting a low life. My neighbour has alarm, two german shepherds and a gun and insists he will shoot anybody who breaks in. When I questioned whether that wasn't a tad illegal he just insisted that the low life would never be able to do it again to anybody else.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Lesser of two eveils I reckon there. Live the rest of your life wondering if the guy really is tracking you and your family down or live the rest of your life in peace but having to deal with shooting a low life. My neighbour has alarm, two german shepherds and a gun and insists he will shoot anybody who breaks in. When I questioned whether that wasn't a tad illegal he just insisted that the low life would never be able to do it again to anybody else.
From what locals tell me shooting a burglar is risky ,an attacker in your house a bit different, if he`s shot front on then you have a good chance of no charges , make sure the corpse has one of your largest kitchen knives in his hand
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 2:54 am
Account Closed

From what locals tell me shooting a burglar is risky ,an attacker in your house a bit different, if he`s shot front on then you have a good chance of no charges , make sure the corpse has one of your largest kitchen knives in his hand

Yes M'lud.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:01 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Yes M'lud.

That Rotor Tickles me, He advised OJ Simpson Result Already

http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/5768

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jul 23rd 2008 at 4:06 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:44 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Very reasonable attitude methinks. Certainly what I'd do.

Don't try the knife trick, as you might get it wrong and leave evidence, thus dumping yourself deeply in the sh*t.

'M'lud I told him I had a gun, and would shoot him if he didn't stop. He replied that he was going to kill me and came at me so I shot him in self defence.'

'I am so traumatised by the attack on me that I cannot remember details, just him coming at me saying he was going to kill me. I deeply regret taking a life, but there was no alternative but to shoot him in self defence.'

As long as the holes are in the front.....
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:33 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Royston sounds very LOCAL like, thee nos

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 29th 2009 at 5:40 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:45 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

More Chavopolis than Royston Vasey, to be honest.....
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
More Chavopolis than Royston Vasey, to be honest.....
i was always told that if a burgler is inside the house its ok to hurt them, in fear for your life?

and if your gun is registered that makes it a bit easier to explain lol
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:37 am
Account Closed

I was told by the UK police that it was OK to use reasonable force to detain a burglar after calling the police but it was not reasonable to drag him into the basement give him a good thrashing and then call the police. Sounded as though someone had done just that and it had gone to court. This was at a time when we had indeed "detained" a toe rag who complained about the detention to the police when they arrived. Police used more force than we had done as they pushed him into the back of their car.

Have no idea really how the Spanish police would react but as above, if the burglar can no longer speak for himself, then it is your story against the evidence to hand.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
i was always told that if a burgler is inside the house its ok to hurt them, in fear for your life?

and if your gun is registered that makes it a bit easier to explain lol
My firearms are registerd but it would have to be a genuine life threatening situation before I`d use them agaist an intruder, an intruder with a gun no problem, an unarmed youth lets say of around 13-14 yrs old ,I think youd be in jail for a long time regretting it, every situation is different but you usually get at least .5 of a second to decide what your going to do!

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

My firearms are registerd but it would have to be a genuine life threatening situation before I`d use them agaist an intruder, an intruder with a gun no problem, an unarmed youth lets say of around 13-14 yrs old ,I think youd be in jail for a long time regretting it, every situation is different but you usually get at least .5 of a second to decide what your going to do!

Rgds

Rotor
shoot him in the foot lol
Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You are allowed to use REASONABLE FORCE, but it`s up to the courts to decide if the force you used is reasonable.

Incidentally putting a 'Guard dogs here' warning or a notice that says 'Beware of the dogs' could lead, in the UK, to being summonsed if someone, even a burglar, was injured by the dog/dogs because that sort of notice would mean that you were aware that the dogs were dangerous, and they should have been locked away so they couldn't attack. Better to just use one of those signs that show the breed and say 'I live here'.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 5:22 am
bil
Banned

Ridiculous, isn't it?

Good point about the dog sign.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.