Burglaries

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Burglaries

Hi all ...
Just a bit of bad news I thought I should share with those of you who, like us, own a holiday home in Costa Blanca north which they rent out (or visit themselves using a hire car).
Our villa is rented right through the summer, has a monitored burglar alarm system (with a very visible box) and another two large signs from the private security company which patrols at night.
Last night, thieves tried to enter the villa whilst our guests were asleep inside(rental car outside on the drive) by removing the front door lock with the intention of breaking the lock and stealing whatever they could get away with quickly (handbags, wallets etc) that was left adjacent to the front door. The burglar alarm was not armed and they were disturbed by one of the guests getting up to visit the bathroom!
When I reported it this morning the police told me that there have been a spate of burglaries in the area (12 so far), all at night whilst the villas are occupied by holidaymakers or part-time owners, easily identified by stickers on their hire car. The thieves seem to be presuming that these people will not arm the alarms!
So let that be a lesson to us all! Alarm on at all times and outside lights left on at night!
Sad though
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burglaries

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Hi all ...
Just a bit of bad news I thought I should share with those of you who, like us, own a holiday home in Costa Blanca north which they rent out (or visit themselves using a hire car).
Our villa is rented right through the summer, has a monitored burglar alarm system (with a very visible box) and another two large signs from the private security company which patrols at night.
Last night, thieves tried to enter the villa whilst our guests were asleep inside(rental car outside on the drive) by removing the front door lock with the intention of breaking the lock and stealing whatever they could get away with quickly (handbags, wallets etc) that was left adjacent to the front door. The burglar alarm was not armed and they were disturbed by one of the guests getting up to visit the bathroom!
When I reported it this morning the police told me that there have been a spate of burglaries in the area (12 so far), all at night whilst the villas are occupied by holidaymakers or part-time owners, easily identified by stickers on their hire car. The thieves seem to be presuming that these people will not arm the alarms!
So let that be a lesson to us all! Alarm on at all times and outside lights left on at night!
Sad though
You're right
What is the point of having an alarm if you don't arm it at night, probably the most important time to do so.
If you dont arm it in the day and get burgled you lose some belongings. If you dont arm it at night you could conceivably lose a lot more!

Which area are you btw
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Very close to you Mitzy unfortunately ... not sure I should post the exact location on a public forum for fear of upsetting anyone, and apparently its not just our urbanisation ...
But I have to say in defence of our guests, we had the alarm installed when the villa was built about 5 years ago because we believed the greatest risk of a break-in on an urbanisation such as ours, was when a holiday home and those around it were unoccupied over the winter - not when it was full of sleeping guests!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:22 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

A delightful story from the UK. A while back some local gypsies decided to break into a house owned by the son of a friend by climbing over his high fence into his back yard.

Sadly they didn't realise that his two dobermanns a) have a sense of humour and b) don't waste energy barking.

The dogs apparantly did so much damage that the villains required an awful lot of needlework to put them back together, and the local Bill were absolutely peeing themselves laughing.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bil
A delightful story from the UK. A while back some local gypsies decided to break into a house owned by the son of a friend by climbing over his high fence into his back yard.

Sadly they didn't realise that his two dobermanns a) have a sense of humour and b) don't waste energy barking.

The dogs apparantly did so much damage that the villains required an awful lot of needlework to put them back together, and the local Bill were absolutely peeing themselves laughing.

In general, holidaymakers don't bring dogs with them, so perhaps that is another reason why the theives target these houses!

In UK we have a Bichon Frise (small white yapper style dog) who disturbed a burglar in the act of removing garden machinery etc from our shed ... although I doubt she would have done a lot of damage had she been able to get at him
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:37 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this has happened to your property noelrosie - unfortunately it happens the world over now doesnt it and its considered the norm - as long as your guests wernt hurt thats the main thing - items can always be replaced lives cant
Take care
Love Sam xxxxx
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Sorry to hear this has happened to your property noelrosie - unfortunately it happens the world over now doesnt it and its considered the norm - as long as your guests wernt hurt thats the main thing - items can always be replaced lives cant
Take care
Love Sam xxxxx
Hi Sam
Thanks for your kind thoughts. As you say, it IS a worldwide problem, no-one was hurt and hopefully the police will arrest the perpetrators soon!
They didn't actually manage to get into our villa, so no harm done, but they did enter two other holiday villas in the area (again whilst occupied) and got away with cash/valuables from bags/clothing left near the front door. It was suggested to our guests that they remove the rental stickers from the hire car as it seems to be exclusively holiday-makers being targeted!
Love noelrosie xxx
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:14 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by noelrosie
... It was suggested to our guests that they remove the rental stickers from the hire car
Yep good idea! (if they come off easily) Don't suppose the Car Hire company will be best pleased as it's a form of advertising...

but advertising "I am probably a holiday maker driving this car so rip me off as I'm too busy enjoying myself !"
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:41 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, I have often thought it a tad rash to advertise that you are a guiri in a hire car.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I must admit, I have often thought it a tad rash to advertise that you are a guiri in a hire car.
Or have a silly red helicoptor sticker in your back window.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:45 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Or have a silly red helicoptor sticker in your back window.
Que??
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Que??
That private health scheme logo.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:04 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

using a hire car this is nothing new in spain , it been going on for year but get more comon now days with the hire car sticker are logo on windows , this happen beside most the airports aswell , where thay tamper with the wheels off the car tell you got a flat and when you getting out to look that hit the car , mainly take your jack and handbags , this would have money cards passports and so on
becarful off it, keep all doors locked all times try not to get out and drive to petorl station if you can with out doing any major damage to you wheels
there immigrants it was tryed on mate off my that was over from the Uk and i was with him but i keep the jeep locked at all times when i reported to the cops that told me we were luck to have got a way with it as i know what was happen

i kick all 4 tyres to make sure thay ok , jeep drive here and tryes deflate in heat.

noelrosie sorry to hear that and hope you guests are ok aswell
the fackers would love to take them out some where with a stick ( let you make up you own mind what i do to them )
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:30 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
using a hire car this is nothing new in spain , it been going on for year but get more comon now days with the hire car sticker are logo on windows , this happen beside most the airports aswell , where thay tamper with the wheels off the car tell you got a flat and when you getting out to look that hit the car , mainly take your jack and handbags , this would have money cards passports and so on
becarful off it, keep all doors locked all times try not to get out and drive to petorl station if you can with out doing any major damage to you wheels
there immigrants it was tryed on mate off my that was over from the Uk and i was with him but i keep the jeep locked at all times when i reported to the cops that told me we were luck to have got a way with it as i know what was happen

i kick all 4 tyres to make sure thay ok , jeep drive here and tryes deflate in heat.

noelrosie sorry to hear that and hope you guests are ok aswell
the fackers would love to take them out some where with a stick ( let you make up you own mind what i do to them )
I dont mean to be rude,but what nob would fall for that.even a body in the road in a isolated place I would run over and not stop.its one of the oldest tricks in the book.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:43 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by betris
I dont mean to be rude,but what nob would fall for that.even a body in the road in a isolated place I would run over and not stop.its one of the oldest tricks in the book.
You'd be surprised. Didn't someone on here get done by some chorizos posing a coppers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.