Building Work

Old Jun 18th 2014, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building Work

Originally Posted by Fred James
Wrong. I am perfectly well aware of the building technique used and it the UK I seriously looked at building a Huff Haus.

My point is that it is the local planning departments that are the ones that often insist on traditional materials and they are the ones who grant the licence. Many of them are stuck in the dark ages and even insist on everything being painted white!

Obviously it all depends on where you live, but the town hall has the last say in most cases. Also in some areas in the south the house has to meet certain seismic standards that don't apply in the north and in most of Europe.

My point is that it is a great way of building, assuming you can get it approved, but that is not automatic and planning applications can drag on for years.
I agree with you there. Planning is difficult if you're in some rural area, but I think I did ask the OP if it's in an urbanizaciĆ³n. The problem with HUF HAUS is that their style is so unique, that planning departments don't allow it.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 4:40 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building Work

Originally Posted by Fred James
Wrong. I am perfectly well aware of the building technique used and it the UK I seriously looked at building a Huff Haus.

My point is that it is the local planning departments that are the ones that often insist on traditional materials and they are the ones who grant the licence. Many of them are stuck in the dark ages and even insist on everything being painted white!

Obviously it all depends on where you live, but the town hall has the last say in most cases. Also in some areas in the south the house has to meet certain seismic standards that don't apply in the north and in most of Europe.

My point is that it is a great way of building, assuming you can get it approved, but that is not automatic and planning applications can drag on for years.
My town hall will only allow traditional materials to be used. Even in the campos around the town they are not allowed to put up other types of structures. We have two businesses in the town that sell wooden houses but the town hall will not allow them to be constructed within the area that they govern.

I understand that this is not unusual regarding planning permissions. Some towns are even stricter than mine.

Rosemary