Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Builders Jaen/Martos area speak English outside work only

Builders Jaen/Martos area speak English outside work only

Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

travelalot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Builders Jaen/Martos area speak English outside work only

Looking for someone who is interested in outside work. Out buildings to be knocked down and a wall building plus concrete floor area for tiling and render walls. Ideal work before the heat of the next summer

The builder who completed all our inside work has said he would project manage and get us some quotes from spanish builders but as yet not come back to us. We are not sure if he is not bothered about the work really as not his type of thing and was just been polite, asked a few times now and feel a bit awkward chasing prices anymore.

Anyone interested or know of a contact we could try. At the house early next week to see anyone?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

smithfamilyplus4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Builders Jaen/Martos area speak English outside work only

Originally Posted by travelalot
Looking for someone who is interested in outside work. Out buildings to be knocked down and a wall building plus concrete floor area for tiling and render walls. Ideal work before the heat of the next summer

The builder who completed all our inside work has said he would project manage and get us some quotes from spanish builders but as yet not come back to us. We are not sure if he is not bothered about the work really as not his type of thing and was just been polite, asked a few times now and feel a bit awkward chasing prices anymore.

Anyone interested or know of a contact we could try. At the house early next week to see anyone?
Hi noticed your ad for a handyman for outside work if your intrested my partner is a very good tradesman and is fair in his priceing he also has referances around the village we live in spain.
Becky
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ali in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really nice

Sorry to hear you're having problems, but believe me its not you.

I live in Jaen (capital) and when was doing up my flat had lots of problems with builders...even though my husband is Spanish and I speak fluent Spanish!!

I don't know how you first got in contact with your original builder but I know that round this way if you know someone who knows someone then a lot better. Ask for recommendations from any Spanish people you know.

Sorry to be nosy,but what do you need doing and where abouts are you?

Not much help but hope things get sorted
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ali in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really nice

Duh!!! Just realised you explained what you needed in your post!!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

travelalot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ali

Just getting away from builders! We are coming out to Spain for the weekend and plan to spend Tuesday in Jaen shopping for the first time. Where is best to park for the shops? The only car park I know is top of a street near small cortes Ingles? I think 2 of these shops actually but the one where near underground car park forgot name. Is this the main centre and what time will the shops be open, I assume 9am until 1ish? Thanks
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

That's right. I think that's prob the best one as its got a handy exit leading you to the roads you'll probably need to get out of Jaen.

There's actually going to be a new Corte Ingles ready for end of November!!!!!
Main shops are just down from that parking place. Stick to "upgoing traffic" road for good clothes shops and then the side streets off to left (if you're heading down) have all your zara type shops.

Opens 9.30 till 14h.

If you're looking for other stuff... then I guess you've already found carrefour

i'm a little confused. Are you in Jaen or doing visits?
Have fun and easy on that credit card
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:17 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Builders Jaen/Martos area speak English outside work only

Anyone know what rebuild costs are likely to be? I've just been quoted about 500 euro / m2. Is this about right or am I being ripped off?

Thanks