Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bubbles ASDL plus phone

Bubbles ASDL plus phone

Old Apr 12th 2010, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all
Default Bubbles ASDL plus phone

Has anyone use bubbles.es for their ASDL & phone calls? Please post about your experiences with this company.

Seems like a good company, their office is in Calle Villa Madrid Torrevieja no 34 Alicante, but you still need to pay telefonica for the monthly line rental 13.97€ plus I.V.A. on top of their rate.

Their 1meg ASDL plus phone calls:
42.90€ plus I.V.A = 49.76€ this will be for A.D.S.L (Internet and free calls to the countries:
UK,Spain,Denmark,France,Belgium,Canada,Greece,Swed en,Switzerland,Poland,Portugal,Netherland,Finland, Norway,USA,Ireland,Iceland,Australia,Austria,
Italy,Germany,New-Zealand.

You will have 1.500 minutes per month worth of FREE calls, this just under an hour a day worth of calls land line to land line.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:56 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bubbles ASDL plus phone

Why do you just not sign up with Telefonica ?
3 meg ADSL is 19.90 / including fixed calls in Spain & then use a card/skype etc to call outside of Spain.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:07 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
3 meg ADSL is 19.90 / including fixed calls in Spain & then use a card/skype etc to call outside of Spain.
Wow, what package are you on? For 1meg we have to pay 38 euros with telefonica.

It was less than 30 but that deal has just ended.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

I need to make quite a lot of long calls to Canada for a year or two, besides UK once I move to Spain & I think the card will cost me more. I don't like telefonica as I've read a lot of problems about them but with bubbles, I still need telefonica landline. I haven't decided yet unless telefonica has changed to provide a better service.

Has telefonica changed to provide a better service, anyone?
Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:17 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Wow, what package are you on? For 1meg we have to pay 38 euros with telefonica.

It was less than 30 but that deal has just ended.
Call them and say you can no longer afford an internet connection at the price you are paying, but you could "just" afford the 19.90 offer
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:22 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
I need to make quite a lot of long calls to Canada for a year or two, besides UK once I move to Spain & I think the card will cost me more. I don't like telefonica as I've read a lot of problems about them but with bubbles, I still need telefonica landline. I haven't decided yet unless telefonica has changed to provide a better service.

Has telefonica changed to provide a better service, anyone?
Thanks.
Well I have never had an issue with Telefonica in 6 years, but as they are the biggest provider I guess you would read about some with issues.
If you sign with Bubbles you will still be using Telefonica lines/exchanges etc & paying for this, so why bother with Bubbles ? (stupid name anyway)
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is there a telefonica site in English I can look at? Their site seems to be in Spanish. Do they have an office in Alicante, near Quesada, Rojales? Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Call them and say you can no longer afford an internet connection at the price you are paying, but you could "just" afford the 19.90 offer
Tried that with no luck, after 25 yrs with telefonica I have this month changed to Vodafone

http://www.vodafone.es/idioma/ingles...hfxgm30tn0dn3s
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Tried that with no luck, after 25 yrs with telefonica I have this month changed to Vodafone

http://www.vodafone.es/idioma/ingles...hfxgm30tn0dn3s
How much do you pay per month for your internet & phone calls?

It looks like vodafone has no free calls per month but on the other hand in their site it says:
6 MB €29.9/month (€34.68 inc. VAT
18 month exclusionary contract applies. *Limited to 1000 minutes per month. No call connection charges.

Is this 1000mins per mth for free calls to Spain, UK, Canada, etc? Do they have an office in Rojales, Alicante as I prefer to speak to someone rather signing up thru the PC?
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like vodafone has no free calls per month but on the other hand in their site it says:
18 month exclusionary contract applies. *Limited to 1000 minutes per month. No call connection charges.

Is this 1000mins per mth for free calls to Spain, UK, Canada, etc? Do they have an office in Rojales, Alicante as I prefer to speak to someone rather signing up thru the PC?
You just need to go into a Vodafone shop to check if they cover your area first, mine is not available for their BB although I have it with telefonica.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Is this 1000mins per mth for free calls to Spain,
I should pay when I get a bill €39.90 +iva for a 10 mb connection
This includes 1000 minutes free to Spanish landlines, I use Skype for all foreign

For Alicante province try Paginas amarillas :-

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/resul...&prov=ALICANTE
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
You just need to go into a Vodafone shop to check if they cover your area first, mine is not available for their BB although I have it with telefonica.
I get more & more confused when I read about the rates at their sites. That's why I need to speak to someone in the shop near my area before I sign up.

Do you mean there's a vodafone shop in every area, or where is the shop? I click one of the links which says "tienda' which I thought is the shop but it took me to a Spanish site & I got totally lost.

The reason I looked at bubbles is that there is someone who is willing to come to my villa to discuss about their plan before I sign up. Also they don't have contract commitment.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jdr
I find that rather peculiar because Vodafone just take over the Telefonica service. There appears to be two types of service, and I'm guessing here.
Direct which I take to believe is when the lines are Vodafone, or indirect when the lines are telefonica. The girls in the shop could not explain it to me.

My friend went into his local village vodafone shop and was told all he could have was the 3mb dongle service. However I checked in my town shop and they said he could have the 10mb indirect service, he is with teleexpensive at the moment.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you mean there's a vodafone shop in every area, .
There's one on every street corner, however they are franchises so the service will vary from shop to shop

Last edited by Fredbargate; Apr 13th 2010 at 5:07 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
There's one on every street corner, however they are franchises so the service will vary from shop to shop
Thanks for that Alicante link. It looks like there isn't one in Rojales or Quesada but is not too far out.

When you said "franchises", do you mean that the shop won't be called vodafone but will be under a different name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.