Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bubbles ASDL plus phone

Bubbles ASDL plus phone

Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bubbles ASDL plus phone

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
Thanks for that Alicante link. It looks like there isn't one in Rojales or Quesada but is not too far out.

When you said "franchises", do you mean that the shop won't be called vodafone but will be under a different name?
They will in general be prominently signed Vodafone

The shop I am using is Internity :-http://www.internity.es/tiendaonline/quienes/

If you go to "cadena de tiendas" it will open up a map from which you can navigate to your local area.

The advantage of my local shop is they have each evening two English speaking assistants who are very useful when asking more technical questions.
Although they do not always know the answers they are very capable of contacting Vodaphone and translating the answers into understandable English.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Thanks for the site name. The nearest one for me is Carrefour in Torrevieja. It's a shame that site is not in English.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:28 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this offer from Telefonica that ends soon http://www.telefonica.es/on/pub/serv...OG&v_idioma=es

No one beats this offer ! (or comes anywhere remotely near it)
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
No one beats this offer ! (or comes anywhere remotely near it)
The Vodafone offer is slightly cheaper than Telefonica's price, it's the 12 mnth discount Telefonica wins on.

However Telefonica would not allow me to access any of their offers as I am a long standing client.
I could have cancelled my account and then reapplied as a new customer.
However when I first had a phone put into my present house I had to wait 3 years for Telefonica to install it and I am not going to take that risk.
I live in an urban area not the campo.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 3:11 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
The Vodafone offer is slightly cheaper than Telefonica's price, it's the 12 mnth discount Telefonica wins on.

However Telefonica would not allow me to access any of their offers as I am a long standing client.
I could have cancelled my account and then reapplied as a new customer.
However when I first had a phone put into my present house I had to wait 3 years for Telefonica to install it and I am not going to take that risk.
I live in an urban area not the campo.
Fred I have just studied the link you gave in an earlier post & yes it looks to be a tidy package compared to most, and of course we should not forget that its also mobile should you need it.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I find that rather peculiar because Vodafone just take over the Telefonica service. There appears to be two types of service, and I'm guessing here.
Direct which I take to believe is when the lines are Vodafone, or indirect when the lines are telefonica. The girls in the shop could not explain it to me.
For the ADSL service all Vodafone do is take over control of the old line no matter who installed it. When mine was installed (14 months ago or so) the engineer explained to me that no one really owns the line from the street into your building, it is owned by whoever provides you with a telecoms service at that time - I confirmed that if I had any problems who would be responsible and he said they are - I tend to trust engineers more than call-center people!

Vodafone will have their own equipment in various exchanges which will grow as they do with the service, this is why you may already get an ADSL service down a line but can't go with Vodafone. I'm not sure yet whether Vodafone are providing new fixed lines where a Telefonica line doesn't already exist, I would imagine this isn't something they'd want to get involved with though

The main benefit with Vodafone is there is no line rental costs, even if you are with Telefonica currently. The transfer process is painless; Telefonica turn up to disconnect you from their service (done outside normally) and take away any hardware you might have. First thing next morning a Vodafone engineer arrived and reconnected it all, it was working a few seconds later. The bonus is that while you await all this to happen you have free unlimited use of the 3G dongle, which is also there when/if the ADSL line has any problems

I pay 39€ a month plus iva, seemingly have a 15MB unlimited connection nowadays and all calls to Spanish landlines are free - I use Skype for everything else. One thing to note, with my package anyway, is that the "landline" phone is actually a mobile phone but with a landline based number. I never really got to the bottom of where you could use this phone from, the only answer that came close was that it was linked to your nearest radio transmitter so as long as you stuck to that you'd be fine - no idea how you'd know if you'd moved masts though!
Old Apr 16th 2010, 4:32 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I had a few years with Wanadoo (now Orange) but changed back to Telefonica when their service improved. Telefonica have rightly had a bad press in the past, but they are much improved nowadays, probably because of the competition now available.

I’ve never heard of Bubbles, even though, as a West Ham supporter, the name should appeal to me. I know the address the OP has given in Torrevieja, and it’s not in the best part of town, but what does that matter?

There is a Vodafone shop in Carrefour and several more in Torrevieja, but there must be Telefonica and Vodafone shops in Rojales too.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 5:25 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

ShineyAndy I cannot see how Telefonice do not own the line/pole/exchange box etc, as they installed it all regardless of what the engineer said.
I guess (?) that Vodafone pay an amount to Telefonica for the right to use their system that is built into your bill, but they do not tell you that.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HBG
I’ve never heard of Bubbles, even though, as a West Ham supporter, the name should appeal to me. I know the address the OP has given in Torrevieja, and it’s not in the best part of town, but what does that matter?

There is a Vodafone shop in Carrefour and several more in Torrevieja, but there must be Telefonica and Vodafone shops in Rojales too.
I hope there's one in Rojales. I got the info about bubbles thru' EOS forum & apparently quite a few people are happy with them.

So confusing as to which one is the best & the cheapest. I've no problem with Vodafone if I can use skype for internationall calls but not for the banks in Canada.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by playamonte
ShineyAndy I cannot see how Telefonice do not own the line/pole/exchange box etc, as they installed it all regardless of what the engineer said.
That is not strictly true.
ONO for one have in some areas intalled their own fibre optics networks.