Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

broadband4spain

broadband4spain

Old Dec 29th 2013, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of
Default broadband4spain

I can't recall if i've posted on this in the past (I can't find it if i have), but does anyone have any experience of this internet service? Is it fast enough for viewing TV?
Old Dec 29th 2013, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: broadband4spain

Yes, and yes!

We've been with BB4S for almost 2 years and have found it very good, and reliable. It has gone down for a few hours a couple of times (once because their mast was struck by lightning) but they always seem to be on to the problem straight away and get it fixed. We have (or should I say my OH has!) tested out watching live TV via BBC i-player etc. using the proxy IP address included, and it seems fine. However, he has found that picture quality is better if programmes are downloaded in HD for viewing later, there isn't really much that we're all that bothered about watching live.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just changed but Lynn has it to a T. I have had momentary buffering at a peak time on the iplayer but the quality of the downloads mean that is what we will do most of. Just a little re-education of Senior Management required.
Old Dec 29th 2013, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at their website. Looks to be a excellent service and the right price. Sort of company I will join later in the year.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

They also seem to provide a TV service at broadband4spain. I'm a bit thick so bear with me. If i've got a smart tv with wifi built in do i need their set top box as well? When i look at the smart tv apps i've already got iplayer and itv player and sky available.

Becoming confused, so be patient and non techy.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

My understanding is not required. Your name implies a frigiliana resident. What is wrong with Telefonica ? good speed in the village, or perhaps you are in the campo, or a visitor wanting PAYG.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lyric050203
My understanding is not required. Your name implies a frigiliana resident. What is wrong with Telefonica ? good speed in the village, or perhaps you are in the campo, or a visitor wanting PAYG.
Campo wanting PAYG, or as near as possible!
Old Dec 30th 2013, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK makes sense, hope you can see a mast, PM coming.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes we have confirmed we have line of site to mast. And then thanks for your PM Lyric - helpful advice.

Can't wait to test the new smart tv with a decent speed broadband. I gather BB4S supply a wireless router with VPN so I can use iplayer etc.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes and it works perfectly, I find that the UK address knocks about 1Mb off the download speed but that is usually just short of 8mb it is of little consequence.

PM de nada
Old Jan 4th 2014, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy

Can't wait to test the new smart tv with a decent speed broadband. I gather BB4S supply a wireless router with VPN so I can use iplayer etc.
They do indeed, and as Lyric says it works well. Just as an example of the standard of their customer service, our wireless router developed a fault and, as it was just under 2 years old, they gave us a reconditioned one free of charge (which is still working perfectly).