Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Brittany Ferries Sailing Update

Brittany Ferries Sailing Update

Old Jun 24th 2020, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brittany Ferries Sailing Update

Hi Forum friends.

Ive just been sent an email detailing Brittany Ferries schedule.

They will be restarting sailings to France and Spain on the 29th June.

More details here. Including what happens on board.

Brittany Ferries

Old Jun 24th 2020, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brittany Ferries Sailing Update

I have managed to book and glad to find the vouchers covered my tickets with no extra to pay. In fact I got a discount on return cabin which meant return journey came in £10 under value of my voucher🙄 Let's just hope things continue to imorove
Old Jun 25th 2020, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

EagleJ is an unknown quantity at this point

We were due to travel on Monday 29th June on Brittany Ferries, Portsmouth to St Malo.
They have emailed us today, with only four days notice that they are cancelling their crossing as they can’t conform to WHO CV-19 measures.

Old Jun 25th 2020, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats strange. I just received five mins ago a sales /info email from Brittany saying ALL SAILINGS RECOMMENCE ON MONDAY 29TH JUNE. Suggest you check their website. I bet the prices have all increased as well assuming they have "fluid" pricing ?
Old Jun 25th 2020, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

EagleJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Keith. I too have had their email telling me that they are back!
Below is what they wrote on the cancellation email.

I'm writing to confirm that your sailing is sadly cancelled.

As part of our staggered return to passenger services following the widespread disruption caused by Covid 19, we've had to take the tough decision to temporarily withdraw this service.

There are several reasons for this and I can assure you the decision was not taken lightly. With both passenger and freight traffic on board this ship, we feel unable to operate in a manner compliant with both the latest World Health Organisation guidelines and our own strict safety protocols. Its layout and configuration cannot be altered sufficiently to make the service viable at present.

These are early days in our recovery and our services will continue to evolve in line with changing advice and guidance however, I'm afraid on this occasion, we must cancel this sailing.

They leave us in a position where we still have to travel, but at such late notice of booking elsewhere, prices are really expensive.
I am already sitting on a voucher for a March crossing which was understandably cancelled and couldn’t use for this booking as there system wouldn’t accept it and they have no telephone service.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a problem with the site yesterday morning it kept crashing at booking point but when I eventually got to book using vouchers worked fine.