Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British Television Network

British Television Network

Old Jul 29th 2009, 1:17 pm
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough
Default British Television Network

Anyone got any experience of this firm?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:44 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Television Network

there are a company (from morroco i think) pushing a rebroadcast system that uses a satellite instead of land based transmitters. so same service, but different method of transmitting / receiving.

i was going to point you to another thread on another forum discussing the legalities and thought of this, but "Its been removed as there are businesses signing up multiple membership accounts solely to push it.
The legality is still very dubious as well."

the thread went into detail about all the legalites of it, including if the satellite owners (who have close technical links to the bbc and freeview, as they use the satellites for their own uses!!) were aware of thier satellite being used for retransmission of copy righted material.

i have had some emails and flyers sent to me, but answers to my questions have not been answered in detail or to my satisfaction.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:30 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I've got a general idea of the system but was hoping to find someone with direct experience. Here's what I pieced together but I can't vouch for factuality of any of the following.
  • There is currently a very basic company website at btnsat.co.uk written in pigeon English.
  • A whois of the domain a couple of days ago listed a registrant address in Morroco.
  • A whois of the domain today reveals the address information has now been removed and states private individual.
  • The website offers a receiver and one year subscription for 399€.
  • Dish size is 60 centimetres.
  • A single transponder (11055H) has been leased from Intelsat on 24.5 west.
  • Transmission is DVB-S2.
  • There are 24 channels from one transponder. That's a lot of channels crammed into one transponder. Will there be quality issues?
  • Someone on one forum said they had the system and that there was signal dropout on BBC2 in the evening. This seems to suggest the retransmission is being done from a fringe reception area such as Spain or North Africa.
  • All the channels being transmitted are free to air via other satellites. The only limitation to receive them directly from their source satellites is dish size.

Last edited by Tele Addict; Jul 30th 2009 at 8:36 am.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

showbiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Well then?
Is this still on or was just a quick scam?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:53 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

working in the Media in spain , few year ago a company was shut down by GUARDIA Civil , official complaint (denuncia) Pirating television signals , Non Payment of IVA , company taxes , and so on .

back then few people got to gether and when to Madrid yo set up all over spain system that Expat could get and not have taken away , meeting happen with MINISTROS involed and last year with the turn down that keep going and where two Employ Staff , but this British Television Network have now stop all works going on with lost off 20 full time people and employment off 100 .

BBC Itv ch4/5 have two outher tv companys and tv rights Copyrights have say that have not given permission to broadcast are rebroadcast singles by any one are more ,

so watch it get this system as could go black ..... NO SINGLE

was at the Expo 2009 Fair , Amsterdam ,The Netherlands and lot been chatted about and there money on when there going to taken off air ...
i stay away from it
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

showbiz is an unknown quantity at this point

What was the meeting with ministers for?