Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any tips on promoting my Holiday Rental?

Any tips on promoting my Holiday Rental?

Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Bettlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any tips on promoting my Holiday Rental?

Hi, I've decided to rent out my apartment in Los Boliches, Costa del sol starting next year, I've registered on a couple of sites ownersdirect.co.uk etc but I was wondering if anyone has any useful advice re promotion marketing it etc?!

Thanks

Last edited by Fred James; Sep 29th 2009 at 3:04 pm. Reason: Link removed. Advertising is not allowed.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any tips on promoting my Holiday Rental?

Originally Posted by Bettlee
Hi, I've decided to rent out my apartment in Los Boliches, Costa del sol starting next year, I've registered on a couple of sites ownersdirect.co.uk etc but I was wondering if anyone has any useful advice re promotion marketing it etc?! I have a website for it (SNIP)

Thanks
If you quote a link to your personalwebsite, is that not classed as advertising, which I understood was forbidden on this forum.
We use www.ownersdirect.co.uk for our property near Denia and have a very good service from this company!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Sep 29th 2009 at 5:16 pm. Reason: Link removed in quote
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

sure a mod will be along to delete v soon !

Originally Posted by noelrosie
If you quote a link to your personalwebsite, is that not classed as advertising, which I understood was forbidden on this forum.
We use www.ownersdirect.co.uk for our property near Denia and have a very good service from this company!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

there are lots and lots of free sites you can advertise on, just takes man hours sitting in front of the pc.....find where your competetors advertise and do the same

Hi, I've decided to rent out my apartment in Los Boliches, Costa del sol starting next year, I've registered on a couple of sites ownersdirect.co.uk etc but I was wondering if anyone has any useful advice re promotion marketing it etc?! I have a website for it costaholidayrental.co.uk

Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:12 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the Mods will probably edit your post and take away the link.
What you can do is put a link to your site in your profile (go to My Profile -> Edit Profile). Then when you talk about this subject those interested can look at your link, without it being direct spam/advertising. Although it's not my property,my profile links to a website I maintain for friends that have a holiday home in northern Spain, and every so often someone will look up the website. I think the rules are quite right here. If we had links all over the place going to posters' businesses the place would change from being a useful talk forum to being a advertising listing.

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Sep 29th 2009 at 2:15 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spain
there are lots and lots of free sites you can advertise on, just takes man hours sitting in front of the pc.....find where your competetors advertise and do the same
Agree with Spain ... work out what your competitors charge and what facilities they offer (ideally, match or better them) then use one of the big websites to promote your rental.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:22 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
In Google you can bring back sites that link to a particular website. For example if one of your competitors had the website www.greenhotelmijas.com you'd search in Google with "link:greenhotelmijas.com" Main drawback with this is it can be a few weeks out of date.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

yes, thats what I was getting at !

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
In Google you can bring back sites that link to a particular website. For example if one of your competitors had the website www.greenhotelmijas.com you'd search in Google with "link:greenhotelmijas.com" Main drawback with this is it can be a few weeks out of date.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Yes, the Mods will probably edit your post and take away the link.
What you can do is put a link to your site in your profile (go to My Profile -> Edit Profile). Then when you talk about this subject those interested can look at your link, without it being direct spam/advertising. Although it's not my property,my profile links to a website I maintain for friends that have a holiday home in northern Spain, and every so often someone will look up the website. I think the rules are quite right here. If we had links all over the place going to posters' businesses the place would change from being a useful talk forum to being a advertising listing.
Ok fair enough this is my first time posting anything like this so I apologise thanks for the advice
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Soz!!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:55 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

You have to think what you want from your property, what market you wish to cater for, the price you want to pay for a listing ect.
I write on a forum for vacation home owners and can assure you that each listing site has its +/-. Never list of a free site as they do not work.
Further advise-- for you and others wwho are thinking about letting out property.

I hope you realise you have may have tax and insurance problems (public liability etc) to overcome.
I have looked at your website and see you do airport transfers. Again what are the legalities of what you are doing?
If your contract is only in English and you have any problems with clients then it will not stand up in a Spanish court, you need to have a translation done.
if you want to go "big time" then these and other questions should be addressed.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the input, this is currently our permanent home and the idea is to rent it out for a few months next year so we can escape somewhere else!. We are currently paying into the system here in Spain but I suppose this extra income is something we maybe will have problems with..... the airport transfers are with another company who currently do this so that part is ok I think?.

Last edited by Bettlee; Sep 29th 2009 at 3:14 pm. Reason: misquoted
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:13 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input, this is currently our permanent home and the idea is to rent it out for a few months next year so we can escape somewhere else!. We are currently paying into the system here in Spain but I suppose this extra income is something we maybe will have problems with..... the airport transfers are with another company who currently do this so that part is ok I think?.

The transfers seem to be ok that is good as at some airports the authorities and taxi drivers actively look for this sort of thing. I thought there was a thread about it earlier this year.
before you let the place out look for listing sites and see what the market is like, bioth price and facilities..then sit back and wait until cusomers roll in..hopefully.