Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British standards ???

British standards ???

Old Mar 17th 2014, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British standards ???

Originally Posted by EMR
Who ever he/she is it is not a Christian god or you would have very different aititudes.
....ahhh, but he seems to like sausage
"Are you so dull?" he (Jesus) asked, (referring to EMR) "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him unclean? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach,....
Mark 7:18-23

So there you have it. Like I said, if you don´t like sausage, don´t bloody well eat it. Just don´t go removing it from my menu!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 4:31 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Christ was a Jew and the last thing he would have eaten was a pork sausage or anything remotely connected to Pork.
Your quote therefore is nonsense.
Actually if a school or any other organisiation is capable of preparing a range of foods in such a way that there is no cross contamination that would offend anyones religious views that should not be a problem.
But I doubt that there are many that could, so you have to take the line of least resistance and remove any offending items from the menu.
Stu if and when you come to the UK are you aware that the majority of chickens are now killed according to a modified ****Halal *** procedure.
I can see the gorge rising in your throat as you read this.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Surely school dinners should have food, that if possible all children can eat with reasonable pleasure and satisfy their hunger.
Why serve a food that you know a number of children might be forbidden to eat?

If you invite a Jewish guest to your home, would you serve him bacon or pork. Would you have only meat on the menu, for a vegetarian guest?

Why should children in school be treated differently? Note we are speaking of children here, innocent of racial differences at an early age, not adults.

If there are very few with particular dietary needs which make that supply financially difficult, as always they can bring a packed lunch.

What about the schools who inspect lunch boxes and throw out crisps and chocolate, in my view this is an intrusion, others may disagree.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Christ was a Jew and the last thing he would have eaten was a pork sausage or anything remotely connected to Pork.
Actually if a school or any other organisiation is capable of preparing a range of foods in such a way that there is no cross contamination that would offend anyones religious views that should not be a problem.
But I doubt that there are many that could, so you have to take the line of least resistance and remove any offending items from the menu.
Stu if and when you come to the UK are you aware that the majority of chickens are now killed according to a modified ****Halal *** procedure.
Having been into slaughter houses as part of my student training, certainly many years ago, but also seen how unwanted chicks are just thrown into a 'killing machine' how animals queue up and watch those in front die, I cannot condemn Halal slaughter as being more inhumane.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
There you go again incorrectly making assumptions about me. I have previously stated how I support this method of slaughter.
It´s a shame there are so many hypocrites doing it though, rendering it every bit as cruel as other methods of slaughter.

Edited as I though before you jump up on your soap box, I´d best back up my statement. (Something you seldom manage to do)
http://www.theguardian.com/theguardi...meat-the-truth
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:04 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

If you eat meat then you have to accept that the animal that provides you with your food is killed. Be it in a slaughter house or a fish suffocating to death.
I once went to a very large chicken processor on business to see the birds hung up by their feet, sprayed with water and electrocuted before having their throats cut.
A horrible site but I still eat meat.
I have seen turkeys killed with a cricket bat on a small farm just before christmas.
I doubt that there is any such thing as " humane killing ".
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by EMR
If you eat meat then you have to accept that the animal that provides you with your food is killed. Be it in a slaughter house or a fish suffocating to death.
I once went to a very large chicken processor on business to see the birds hung up by their feet, sprayed with water and electrocuted before having their throats cut.
A horrible site but I still eat meat.
I have seen turkeys killed with a cricket bat on a small farm just before christmas.
I doubt that there is any such thing as " humane killing ".
Good for you...defending the hypocrites!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Surely school dinners should have food, that if possible all children can eat with reasonable pleasure and satisfy their hunger.
Why serve a food that you know a number of children might be forbidden to eat?

If you invite a Jewish guest to your home, would you serve him bacon or pork. Would you have only meat on the menu, for a vegetarian guest?

No I wouldn't serve him/her bacon or pork but it would not stop me having it. Ditto with the vegetarian.
My best mate at school was Jewish. The school did not ban pork products and his parents fully understood the position without complaint.
I do think we pander to some groups more than we should.
As for Halal meat. It's not the method that I find offensive, it's the way it was introduced without consultation as I know there are many who would have objected if they had known.
Why is that so wrong when one group can complain about pork products (that they can avoid eating) and the other group is not told and complains about a method of slaughter?
Double Standards?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by johnnyone
No I wouldn't serve him/her bacon or pork but it would not stop me having it. Ditto with the vegetarian.
My best mate at school was Jewish. The school did not ban pork products and his parents fully understood the position without complaint.
As for Halal meat. It's not the method that I find offensive, it's the way it was introduced without consultation as I know there are many who would have objected if they had known.
Why is that so wrong when one group can complain about pork products (that they can avoid eating) and the other group is not told and complains about a method of slaughter?
Double Standards?
and well put!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:26 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
When it comes to sausages served in school the trump card is " taste ".
No child of any background or religion should be served an industrially processed product that calls itself a sausage. pork, beef, or otherwise.
The other trump card is not racial discrimination but racial tolerance something that some from all parts of the UK mix have difficulty in understanding.
I want to step in here, and defend the pure and innocent sausage, it seems to be on the wrong side of discrimination and racial expression.
My sausages either bought n made in England or Germany are not industrially processed, but with loving care, scraped up from floor and work benches of my
Local butchers, and moulded and poured into healthy skins by the butchers tender
hands. Free speach for sausages, dont bring the gud ol banger down.

Thank god their 2 best friends stay loyal..Bake Beans n mash have stayed true to
their partner, no sign of divorce or bringing in the race relations board.
Mash is white n creamy, the beans love their tan, and keep close to their coloured
Mates, whether brown or well fried with black tinges...
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My best mate at school was Jewish. The school did not ban pork products
and his parents fully understood the position without complaint.
Double Standards?
My point was not that any food should be banned but that suitable food should be made available that all can eat. If there are a large number of children that can't eat a particular food obviously financially sensible not to use it or it will be wasted.

It is not "pandering" to groups to provide children with food that they are allowed to eat.

Likewise, as I said parents should put into lunch boxes what they choose, not what the teachers consider the health advice of the moment.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bipat
My point was not that any food should be banned but that suitable food should be made available that all can eat. If there are a large number of children that can't eat a particular food obviously financially sensible not to use it or it will be wasted.

It is not "pandering" to groups to provide children with food that they are allowed to eat.

Likewise, as I said parents should put into lunch boxes what they choose, not what the teachers consider the health advice of the moment.
Cellery makes me wretch! My wife loves it though.
What´s suitable for her clearly isn´t suitable for me.
Multiply that by 300 kids attending the same canteen and there you have the problem.
Anyone can take a pack lunch though and leave those sausages alone!
Crikey, it´s not as though they´re served daily and are compulsory eating!
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:39 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by IamStu
and well put!
I think that you will find that the modified halal methods were introduced for commercial reasons. Macs, KFC all the supermarkets etc do not have to have a seperate product to suit different customers requirements.
Halal means I believe that the animal is still alive when its throat is cut not necessarily concious.
Awake when killed or unconcious when killed as a meat eater does it make a difference.
The only action you can take is you really disaprove is to stop eating meat.
How can I or anyone else be a hypocrite if you eat meat knowing how it is prepared.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:44 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamStu
Cellery makes me wretch! My wife loves it though.
What´s suitable for her clearly isn´t suitable for me.
Multiply that by 300 kids attending the same canteen and there you have the problem.
Anyone can take a pack lunch though and leave those sausages alone!
Crikey, it´s not as though they´re served daily and are compulsory eating!
See ..Iamstu is right, one can always take something else offered on the menu
Like....toad in the hole, or even devil on horseback, or take somthing totally exotic,
Like pork pie. Mmmm tasty, very very tasty.
I like onion bahji with shish- kebab, just an exotic take on bangers n onions.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:48 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Double Standards?
Wow, what a good post

If they banned food to order in multi-cultural schools there wouldn't be much left. Indians not eating beef, Jews and Muslim not eating pork. Why shouldn't pork sausages be available in the UK, it's a traditional dish and not all are Tesco crap. As for killing a la halal...how many of you have seen it. I saw a chicken killed that way and it wasn't a quick death.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.