British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   British standards ??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/british-standards-811591/)

Fredbargate Oct 8th 2013 3:17 pm

British standards ???

Worth a read

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/De...#axzz2h1yRaukY

EMR Oct 8th 2013 3:50 pm

Re: British standards ???

Its not just a school that just happens to be muslim that could be closed for poor standards.
Only a few weeks ago an english company running nursery schools closed due to lack of supervison.
But I would not expect you to report that,
What is positive is that whoever is running these new independent schools they are subject to supervision and inspection.
Should thread be moved from this section which is supposed to be for light relief ??

mikelincs Oct 8th 2013 4:00 pm

Judging from the comments made, and what is required, it would seem that the school may well be in breach of many of the general requirements for UK schools, no matter whether they have religious connections or not. They seem to be in danger of losing funding, or even being closed down, which is what should happen to ANY school that breaks regulations.

jackytoo Oct 8th 2013 4:33 pm

Yes it should have been closed down when the first complaints started. Girls sitting with their faces covered at the back of the class. The Town Councils have been ignoring all this stuff for decades for fear of being called Racists by the real bigots.:thumbdown:

EMR Oct 8th 2013 4:55 pm

It is not against UK law for girls to wear the nicab or for sikhs to wear a turban or some jews to wear hats at all times and grow their hair in a particular way. These are rules of their religion or of their particular religious sect.
In the UK we tolerate religious freedoms and are a better country for it.
This discussion should only be about educational standards.
We have another discussion running about the brave girl who stood up against intolerance and ignorance .
A girl who attends a muslim school covers her head at all times and seems none the worse for it.
A bad school is just that be it C of E, Jewish, Catholic or Islamic.

stuboy Oct 8th 2013 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 10935924)
Its not just a school that just happens to be muslim that could be closed for poor standards.
Only a few weeks ago an english company running nursery schools closed due to lack of supervison.
But I would not expect you to report that,
What is positive is that whoever is running these new independent schools they are subject to supervision and inspection.
Should thread be moved from this section which is supposed to be for light relief ??

I think this case is a bit more serious that a 'supervision issue'.

The school is more akin to a madraas than an institution that belongs in the UK.

If these practices are going on then it doesn't take a great leap of faith to imagine what the curriculum was like.

A UK state funded should have a its core a solid rounded curriculum. Not a religion led curriculum

jackytoo Oct 8th 2013 5:11 pm

Agree, infact I don't think religious schools should be allowed.

me me Oct 8th 2013 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by jackytoo (Post 10935997)
Yes it should have been closed down when the first complaints started. Girls sitting with their faces covered at the back of the class. The Town Councils have been ignoring all this stuff for decades for fear of being called Racists by the real bigots.:thumbdown:

While there seems to be a bit of clamping down on this sort of thing, I think the mosques where the Imans have offered to marry 14 years old girls to older men, should also be closed down.

Two people posing as the mother and brother went to 56 mosques to ask if the girl could be married at 14. They told the iman that the girl did not want to get married, but that made no difference to the 18 of the religious leaders who said they would do it.

One has advised the West Yorkshire police on community cohesion:o. What a joke, I bet he did not show his true colours then, or he would have been charged.

You could not make it up. Put the dirty bas****s in jail, perverts.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/upd...-14-in-secret/

me me Oct 8th 2013 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 10936023)
It is not against UK law for girls to wear the nicab or for sikhs to wear a turban or some jews to wear hats at all times and grow their hair in a particular way. These are rules of their religion or of their particular religious sect.
In the UK we tolerate religious freedoms and are a better country for it.
This discussion should only be about educational standards.
We have another discussion running about the brave girl who stood up against intolerance and ignorance .
A girl who attends a muslim school covers her head at all times and seems none the worse for it.
A bad school is just that be it C of E, Jewish, Catholic or Islamic.

Teachers are told to look for signs of abuse, and if a girl is covered, that can hide sign of a beating.

A great way of hiding cruelty in the home, and in some cases carte blanche to beat the hell out of "wayward" daughters with total impunity.:thumbdown:

EMR Oct 8th 2013 6:01 pm

Me MEe if you are going to post please get it right.
Yes some Imans did say that under Sharia law they would marry 14 year olds,
BUT the Imans who actually run the mosques in question said that such marriages are unacceptable and that only UK law ( not Sharia ) applies.
At least one of the Imans in question has been suspended by the mosques in question.
Regarding religious schools would you close them all, Jewish, catholic, scottish free prebs. CoE etc etc.
I do not think that the muslim community needs any lessons in the prevention of child cruelty and abuse from any other in the UK.
I am sure that there are many parents of young english girls who wished their daughters had standards of behaviour and the morals of their muslim comtemporaries.
How many muslim girls get absolutly p**** and involve in drunken sex at weekends.
Have we really got everything right.

me me Oct 8th 2013 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 10936123)
Me MEe if you are going to post please get it right.
Yes some Imans did say that under Sharia law they would marry 14 year olds,
BUT the Imans who actually run the mosques in question said that such marriages are unacceptable and that only UK law ( not Sharia ) applies.

but they would say that wouldn´t they?

At least one of the Imans in question has been suspended by the mosques in question.
Regarding religious schools would you close them all, Jewish, catholic, scottish free prebs. CoE etc etc.
I do not think that the muslim community needs any lessons in the prevention of child cruelty and abuse from any other in the UK.
I am sure that there are many parents of young english girls who wished their daughters had standards of behaviour and the morals of their muslim comtemporaries.
How many muslim girls get absolutly p**** and involve in drunken sex at weekends.
Have we really got everything right.

l suppose not many indulge in drunken sex, of course the threat of honour violence may be a deciding factor.

Although Britsh girls do go way over the top in their behaviour, I am sure the threat of an Honour killing, with a plastic bag shoved down their throat until death, would curb such antics in a lot of cases.:thumbdown:

And no we have not got everything right, but a lot more right than those who control by these type of threats.

I suppose that it is a question of making the punishment fit the crime, I beleive if the drunks were picked up by the police, allowed to sober up, then made to clean up the mess outside the bars, it might improve matters.

I am afraid that the plastic bag method, though effective, has no place in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-killing.html

EMR Oct 8th 2013 6:52 pm

I was trying to post a polite response but to be honest Me Me I feel sorry for you.
The content of many of your posts suggests that you are not happy with your life and are looking for anyone and anything to blame.
To me the colour, race or religion of anyone who abuses and inflicts violence on children is an irrelevance
If you start to focus on that one aspect you start ignoring that which is much closer to home.
You seem to have a paranoia about a small part of the UK population attributing isolated well reported acts to a whole community.
Would you accept such a mind set being applied to the native white society of the UK where abuse if anything is more widespread.
You quote the plastic bag what about setting fire to your children or cutting up a small girl and burning her remains in a fireplace.
These were acts of white men, in your mind do you also condemn all white men.

me me Oct 8th 2013 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 10936208)
I was trying to post a polite response but to be honest Me Me I feel sorry for you.
The content of many of your posts suggests that you are not happy with your life and are looking for anyone and anything to blame.
To me the colour, race or religion of anyone who abuses and inflicts violence on children is an irrelevance
If you start to focus on that one aspect you start ignoring that which is much closer to home.
You seem to have a paranoia about a small part of the UK population attributing isolated well reported acts to a whole community.
Would you accept such a mind set being applied to the native white society of the UK where abuse if anything is more widespread.
You quote the plastic bag what about setting fire to your children or cutting up a small girl and burning her remains in a fireplace.
These were acts of white men, in your mind do you also condemn all white men.

You are totally wrong about my life, I love it, really love it.

I have 2 wonderful kids, both doing great in the UK, in good relationships and they are happy.

I have wonderful family and friends

I myself, do not work (no need), as I have a husband who brings home much more than the bacon.

We can go wherever we want, whenever we want, so don´t presume that I am not happy, just because I have a negative view of Islam.

Your argument about the child being killed and burned by a white man, might hold water, but the sad fact is, that the killer knows it was wrong, whereas the people that carry out honour killings in the name of Islam think they are right and justified in the abhorrent acts.

Defend Islam all you want, it won´t wash with me but, I have a strange feeling that you feel the same way, there is something is fishy about you.

You are not what you first appear to be.

Are you sure that you are not playing devils advocate, just so I post what you are actually thinking.

EMR Oct 8th 2013 7:23 pm

You idea that white UK child killer know what they are doing is wrong fails because other wise why do they do it.
Is their perversion any less than someone who thinks in a way alien to us.
Is a man who repeatedly kills children for a sexual perversion to be regarded differently to a father who lacking the sophistication of our society carries out what in his mind is a justified honour killing.
You can educate the father to think differently which is what society should be doing then you can end those types of acts.

jackytoo Oct 8th 2013 8:08 pm

EMR has already been exposed as a closet introverted racist. Like it's ok to come out with stereotypes of all Germans being linked to facism. He thinks that's ok cos they are white...he calls it HUMOUR. Now he uses smoke and mirrors to bring in any ole abuse...and of course sex and drunkenness. Alcohol is one of his pet subjects if you look back:thumbdown: He hates anything about the British way of life, a true bigot. Maybe he belongs to the Salvation army:rofl: