Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British Consulate and Department of Work and Pensions to visit Calpe, Alicante

British Consulate and Department of Work and Pensions to visit Calpe, Alicante

Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Consulate and Department of Work and Pensions to visit Calpe, Alicante

The British Consulate in Alicante and the UK Department for Work and Pensions are holding an open event for British residents in Calpe on Wednesday 2nd September, presenting advice services on some of the issues that matter most to residents.

The Department for Work and Pensions will provide essential information on UK pensions, benefits and healthcare entitlements in Spain and the services that their team can offer.

The British Vice-Consul will open the session and explain the role of the Consulate, and the services it offers.

Event details:

Wednesday 2nd September – 11am (Doors open at 10am)

Calpe Casa de Cultura
Jaume Pastor I Fluixa

To book a place, please complete our online registration form. If you experience any problems booking, call 91 714 6443.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Consulate and Department of Work and Pensions to visit Calpe, Alicante

Originally Posted by spainrico
The British Consulate in Alicante and the UK Department for Work and Pensions are holding an open event for British residents in Calpe on Wednesday 2nd September, presenting advice services on some of the issues that matter most to residents.

The Department for Work and Pensions will provide essential information on UK pensions, benefits and healthcare entitlements in Spain and the services that their team can offer.

The British Vice-Consul will open the session and explain the role of the Consulate, and the services it offers.

Event details:

Wednesday 2nd September – 11am (Doors open at 10am)

Calpe Casa de Cultura
Jaume Pastor I Fluixa

To book a place, please complete our online registration form. If you experience any problems booking, call 91 714 6443.
Are you a member of the Consulate?
We have a representative from there that normally comes on the forum here and makes these announcements as and when the open days come up.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Consulate and Department of Work and Pensions to visit Calpe, Alicante

No - I interviewed Juliet Maric (Consul) a few months back and promised to promote their road shows. Sorry if I 'posted' out of turn...
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:48 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No - I interviewed Juliet Maric (Consul) a few months back and promised to promote their road shows. Sorry if I 'posted' out of turn...
No no, its fine I just thought for a moment you were ...... connected
Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

No not formally, nor licensed to kill!

If anyone is interested in reading my interview with Juliet Maric, British Consul, Alicante - go here:

http://www.timspain.com/index.php?op...sk=view&id=189
Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No not formally, nor licensed to kill!

If anyone is interested in reading my interview with Juliet Maric, British Consul, Alicante - go here:

http://www.timspain.com/index.php?op...sk=view&id=189
What did she mean by this bit, mine is all still paper ?

Quote:
Another reader enquired: What is happening about the Registration for Residents system?

Juliet explained “This has been moved entirely to an online based system which can be accessed via the www.fco.gov.uk website. The old paper based system has now expired.”
Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:54 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
What did she mean by this bit, mine is all still paper ?

Quote:
Another reader enquired: What is happening about the Registration for Residents system?

Juliet explained “This has been moved entirely to an online based system which can be accessed via the www.fco.gov.uk website. The old paper based system has now expired.”
well I can't find it on their website
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:31 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I think she was referring to the new LOCATE system.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-...erseas/Locate/
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:45 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I think she was referring to the new LOCATE system.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-...erseas/Locate/
I thought that, too

so she didn't have a clue then what the question meant

or is it me who misunderstood the question?
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I thought that, too

so she didn't have a clue then what the question meant

or is it me who misunderstood the question?
I think you mis-understood the question.

She is a very professional dedicated lady and if I ever need their services I am confident that they will deliver.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

I think you mis-understood the question.

She is a very professional dedicated lady and if I ever need their services I am confident that they will deliver.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was about registering as a resident in spain
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:39 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought it was about registering as a resident in spain
Exactly, that is why I posted it and I think everyone living in Spain would think the same.
Maybe it should of been clarified in the interview. ;-) ;-)
Old Aug 14th 2009, 11:41 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
Exactly, that is why I posted it and I think everyone living in Spain would think the same.
Maybe it should of been clarified in the interview. ;-) ;-)
Old Aug 14th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK I hold my hand up - apologies for the ambiguity - the question had been posed by an The Inland Magazine reader on their forum and I took the question from there and it appeared in the printed article a bit out of context.

To the best of my knowledge there are currently no changes in the pipeline for the residencia system (unfortunately! - bring back our card - see here:
http://robinespana.blogspot.com/2009...encuentro.html

I had my say at an EU exhibition)