Breast feeding

Old Dec 9th 2014, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breast feeding

Originally Posted by johnnyone
:

Just out of interest what's your take on Spanish society in this respect?
In terms of breast feeding? In general it is more liberal than in the UK

Spain is more liberal than the UK about most things

You still have a (thankfully) minority of right wing fascists who think that women and children should be seen but not heard. They tend to be the same people who send their kids to be educated by the nuns etc
Old Dec 9th 2014, 3:32 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
In terms of breast feeding? In general it is more liberal than in the UK
It may be - I don't know. But strangely although I have seen this happening many times in the UK I can only recall it once in Spain and the woman doing it was British.

Originally Posted by cricketman
Spain is more liberal than the UK about most things
Agreed - just look at the age of consent...
Old Dec 9th 2014, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Agreed - just look at the age of consent...
And yet Spain has an extremely low rate of teenage pregnancy, much lower than the UK and US for example

At my son's school, pretty much all the women breast fed, but it is a lefty school

Left-leaning women breast feed and right-leaning women do not in Spain (generally speaking of course)

The UK has one of the lowest rates of breast feeding in the Western world
Old Dec 11th 2014, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The Faragistas think it is disgusting and should only be done in private. God help us when those loonies are in government.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
And with this I have no problem. In the middle of afternoon teas at Claridges is hardly discreet.

Angiescarr stated that the Mother was responding to her infants need. Fine. So when the infant craps itself is it acceptable to change the nappy at the table?
I simply don´t understand how one take offense at the sight of someone breast feeding their baby?
Why should discretion be used? I actually think the sight of a Mother feeding her baby quite beautiful.
My wife has an old photograph of when she was being breast fed by her Mother. The photograph is framed and on display at our home.
Surely, should one take offense at viewing such an image, the problem simply lies within the offended party´s own "weirdness"?
Something that can be firmly attributed to one comparing such an act, to that of another wiping the soiled backside of a baby, when in situ of food and drink!
Old Dec 11th 2014, 1:19 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Nige would have put Mary in the corner? She's showing a lot more skin than the Claridges woman.