Breast feeding

Old Dec 5th 2014, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Breast feeding

A mum of three was told by staff at Claridges to cover up whilst breastfeeding during afternoon tea.

Our dopey Prime Minister gets involved.

Liberalists everywhere claim it's just a 'natural thing' and this poor woman has been treated badly.

Nigel Farage has said that she could do it in the corner and I find myself for the first time agreeing with the UKIP leader.

There are lots of 'natural things' in the world that I don't want to witness.

When I go for afternoon tea the only thing I want forced in my face is a scone with clotted cream.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breast feeding

Slow news day
Old Dec 6th 2014, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
A mum of three was told by staff at Claridges to cover up whilst breastfeeding during afternoon tea.

Liberalists everywhere claim it's just a 'natural thing' and this poor woman has been treated badly.

Nigel Farage has said that she could do it in the corner and I find myself for the first time agreeing with the UKIP leader.

When I go for afternoon tea the only thing I want forced in my face is a scone with clotted cream.
I don't like kids snotty noses or old people picking their noses or youths spitting in the street. Those things are much more in your face than a mother nursing her baby. It is not more civilised to make nursing mothers outcasts. It's just stupid and childish. If you don't like it look at your scone. No mother is flopping out her breasts under your nose just to 'titillate' or annoy you. She's responding to the needs of her infant. Maybe your mother didn't feed you enough of the right nutrients. Grow up.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
I don't like kids snotty noses or old people picking their noses or youths spitting in the street. Those things are much more in your face than a mother nursing her baby. It is not more civilised to make nursing mothers outcasts. It's just stupid and childish. If you don't like it look at your scone. No mother is flopping out her breasts under your nose just to 'titillate' or annoy you. She's responding to the needs of her infant. Maybe your mother didn't feed you enough of the right nutrients. Grow up.
Do you feel better now?
Old Dec 6th 2014, 9:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

This is the actual story, and the Cameron speech was due to criticism of breastfeeding in public places in a comment by Nigel Farage. shooting himself in the foot once again.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pm-slams-f...123802866.html

Farage apparently stated that they should go into a corner away from others.

For once I'm in total agreement with Cameron in this. Mothers who do breatfeed whan out in public usually do it so discreetly that most people would never notice.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=mikelincs;1149483

For once I'm in total agreement with Cameron in this. Mothers who do breatfeed whan out in public usually do it so discreetly that most people would never notice.[/QUOTE]

And with this I have no problem. In the middle of afternoon teas at Claridges is hardly discreet.

Angiescarr stated that the Mother was responding to her infants need. Fine. So when the infant craps itself is it acceptable to change the nappy at the table?
Old Dec 6th 2014, 11:45 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

And with this I have no problem. In the middle of afternoon teas at Claridges is hardly discreet.

Angiescarr stated that the Mother was responding to her infants need. Fine. So when the infant craps itself is it acceptable to change the nappy at the table?
Are you really comparing feeding with defecating?

Really? It is ridiculous that in this day and age that this conversation is still going on...

Where should she have fed her baby? In the toilet? Would you take your afternoon tea into the toilet to eat?
Old Dec 7th 2014, 10:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you actually read what he said it's not too difficult to see this as just another attempt by mainstream media to create yet another non story on UKIP. I'm not a UKIP supporter but it is getting quite funny to see the media trying hard to smear him.

I used to really like The Independent but since UKIP became a talking point they NEVER show a non ugly photo of Farage.

It was interesting to see that the Beeb used the story on HYS and nearly all the comments made the same point as above i.e It's a non story
Old Dec 7th 2014, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

That's clearly a different matter. You wouldn't eat your lunch in the toilets. Why would you expect a newborn baby to do so. You wouldn't poo on a restaurant table and neither would I or any reasonable person expect you to put up with that.
Old Dec 7th 2014, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

So when the infant craps itself is it acceptable to change the nappy at the table?
Unfortunately I have witnessed this
Old Dec 7th 2014, 6:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Mass breast feed in in front of Claridges today, 25 mums congregated in front of the store, and proceeded to breast feed their babies.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 1:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Mass breast feed in in front of Claridges today, 25 mums congregated in front of the store, and proceeded to breast feed their babies.
The worst thing about that is that there were 25 babies congregated in a small area. Imagine the racket once they all kicked off with the bloody crying and the whining. Not to mention the shitting of themselves ...

Beyond that, WGAF?. The view of the knocker is obscured by the babies' head. All you are seeing is what looks like a bird trying to kidnap a baby by ineffectively stuffing it under their shirt. Adds an element of comedy to it if you think of it that way.

Babies though - they might not eat their lunch in the bog but they are among the few who do get to take a shit while they have it
Old Dec 8th 2014, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

For me, breast feeding is a huge feminist issues

Open, civilised societies who treat women and children as equals would have no problem with allowing breast feeding anywhere.

Closed patriachal societies impose rules and supress women and children, banning them from public areas or banishing them to toilets or seperate feeding rooms

Babies feed whenever they want to. By telling women to feel self-conscious, inappropraite or embarassed when breast feeding then you are essentially telling them to stay indoors because they are not welcome elsewhere in soceity

For me, sexism is the new racism (although it has always been there). It is incredible how sexist society is - and people simply do not see it as a taboo like they do with racism.

I've only started to realise this since I've had a daughter

I have also started to realise that UK society actually is pretty similar to a fundamentalist Muslim society, but then again, that is a different topic
Old Dec 9th 2014, 2:30 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

I have also started to realise that UK society actually is pretty similar to a fundamentalist Muslim society, but then again, that is a different topic
If ever the time comes when we start stoning women to death for breast feeding in public as they do to women who are guilty of getting themselves raped, you may even have a point.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

:
Originally Posted by cricketman

Just out of interest what's your take on Spanish society in this respect?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.