Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Breakdown Cover in the UK

Breakdown Cover in the UK

Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of
Default Breakdown Cover in the UK

We are doing the long drive to the UK next month - up through France to Calais. We've got the breakdown cover that is included with our Spanish fully comp insurance but I believe that this is only valid in Spain. Any suggestions for getting cover through France and in the UK ?? Prior to moving here, we were in the AA so had cover wherever we went, but let that lapse when we came over.
Cheers. Tony.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakdown Cover in the UK

Originally Posted by CarolandTony
We are doing the long drive to the UK next month - up through France to Calais. We've got the breakdown cover that is included with our Spanish fully comp insurance but I believe that this is only valid in Spain. Any suggestions for getting cover through France and in the UK ?? Prior to moving here, we were in the AA so had cover wherever we went, but let that lapse when we came over.
Cheers. Tony.
Speak to your insurance company,you may already have Euro cover, if not ask them for quote,its most likley it will be cheaper than taking out an additional policy elsewhere

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rotor
Speak to your insurance company,you may already have Euro cover, if not ask them for quote,its most likley it will be cheaper than taking out an additional policy elsewhere

Rgds

Rotor
Thanks for the suggestion, Rotor. Just spoke to them again to be sure that I had got it right. I am covered for all of Europe EXCEPT for the UK !!!! And they can't offer it as an extra.

So, I am ok through France but will still need to find something for the UK.

Tony
Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Try Europ Assistance - I think you can obtain cover on line.

Some years ago I broke down in France,and I had AA cover. The service I received from the AA was terrible and to rub salt in the wound, the french garage kept telling me - "if you had cover from Europ Assistance they would have got you the part immediately, .....etc etc.!"