Brand new.

Old May 30th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brand new.

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
Take a little Jaunt there sometime
Got any recommendations?
Old May 30th 2009, 11:01 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=montgomail;7617750]Which of the towns did you prefer? I have always found that people tend to like Denia and dislike Javea, or vice versa. I can't stand the Arenal even in Winter but love Javea port but am glad I decided on Denia as I never tire of the place.

Denia was very convenient, as everything was within walking distance, including the port and beaches. We lived among the Spanish and enjoyed it, although some of them lapsed into Valenciano when trying to exclude foreigners from a conversation. Little did they know that my partner had lived in Barcelona for 13 years.

Living in the Torre Ambola mountain region of Javea was a good ten minute drive from the town and port, and you need a car that doesn't break down and Javea taxis are hopeless, at least they were ten years ago.

Which did I prefer? The pine trees used to sing to me in Javea, but Les Marines beach in the winter is much better than Arenal. I would return to either, happily.
Old May 30th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I've been told that in July and August it's a nightmare, so have made a point of not going there in that period
Ouch, guess where we're going for 2 weeks in August!
Old May 30th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=HBG;7617911]
Originally Posted by montgomail
Denia was very convenient, as everything was within walking distance, including the port and beaches. We lived among the Spanish and enjoyed it, although some of them lapsed into Valenciano when trying to exclude foreigners from a conversation. Little did they know that my partner had lived in Barcelona for 13 years.

Living in the Torre Ambola mountain region of Javea was a good ten minute drive from the town and port, and you need a car that doesn't break down and Javea taxis are hopeless, at least they were ten years ago.

Which did I prefer? The pine trees used to sing to me in Javea, but Les Marines beach in the winter is much better than Arenal. I would return to either, happily.
So did you discover any secrets from Denia's inner circle?
Old May 30th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by smartmove
Ouch, guess where we're going for 2 weeks in August!
As you've booked a fortnight in August, I'm guessing you don't mind the crowds.
Old May 30th 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by montgomail
As you've booked a fortnight in August, I'm guessing you don't mind the crowds.
Yah, family summer holiday so can deal with the crowds. Got a car for the whole 2 weeks so will be able to use it as a good base to check out further up and down the coast.
Old May 30th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by smartmove
Yah, family summer holiday so can deal with the crowds. Got a car for the whole 2 weeks so will be able to use it as a good base to check out further up and down the coast.
Not sure if you know the area, but Font Algar is worth a visit. It's just inland from Benidorm -

http://www.benidorm-info.com/costa_b...waterfalls.htm

Been a couple of times and, although it does attract a lot of visitors, it is good therapy.
Old May 30th 2009, 1:30 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a bit of a catch 22 Mitzy, as off peak I imagine it is dead and on peak it as u say is a nightmare ,only been on a day trip once but it was V quiet .
It was quiet when we went at Easter - i was expecting it to be really really tacky like Blackpool but i was really pleasanty surprised as it looked really nice - what its like in the height of summer though....................
Old May 30th 2009, 2:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

It definitely depends on which parts you go to. The prom and old town are great but where the clubs and bars are is really dreadful.

Rosemary
Old May 30th 2009, 6:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a bit of a catch 22 Mitzy, as off peak I imagine it is dead and on peak it as u say is a nightmare ,only been on a day trip once but it was V quiet .
Strangely, its always fairly lively when we go there. I dont think I'd like it when its really really busy
Old May 30th 2009, 6:32 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they knew you were coming and all did one
Old May 30th 2009, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
It was quiet when we went at Easter - i was expecting it to be really really tacky like Blackpool but i was really pleasanty surprised as it looked really nice - what its like in the height of summer though....................
Whaddya mean???? Blackpool is bloody fantastic!!!!!!

Anyway - guess what`s on telly on Sunday in a one hour special?? BENIDORM!
Old May 30th 2009, 6:45 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Whaddya mean???? Blackpool is bloody fantastic!!!!!!

Anyway - guess what`s on telly on Sunday in a one hour special?? BENIDORM!

Yeh in a tacky plastic kind of way
Old May 30th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Yeh in a tacky plastic kind of way
Its brilliant for a day trip I love it. Couldnt be there for a fortnight though even if it was 25c every day!
Old May 30th 2009, 7:06 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Its brilliant for a day trip I love it. Couldnt be there for a fortnight though even if it was 25c every day!
I think i spent too much time there as a kid as cousins live/lived in St. Annes and of course i met my lovely hubby there so it aint all bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.