Brand new.

Old May 28th 2009, 7:34 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brand new.

Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum, but I've lived in Spain for the past 15 years. In order, Estepona, Mijas Costa, Calpe, Javea, Denia, Benidorm and currently, and longest, the outskirts of Torrevieja.

I've just tweaked myself, and it's true, I blame the sun.
Old May 28th 2009, 7:38 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brand new.

Originally Posted by HBG
Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum, but I've lived in Spain for the past 15 years. In order, Estepona, Mijas Costa, Calpe, Javea, Denia, Benidorm and currently, and longest, the outskirts of Torrevieja.

Welcome to BE HBG
Old May 28th 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome.

I have a holiday home in Denia so I'm familiar with the Northern Costa Blanca - have yet to discover the delights of Benidorm.
Old May 28th 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by montgomail
Hi and welcome.

I have a holiday home in Denia so I'm familiar with the Northern Costa Blanca - have yet to discover the delights of Benidorm.
You are so lucky on both counts
Old May 28th 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HBG
Hi,

Welcome to BE HBG I'm sure u will have fun
Old May 29th 2009, 8:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Hi,

Why did you move to the south CB from the north, most people move the opposite way, much nicer on the North CB, we moved here from just south of Torrevieja.
Old May 29th 2009, 9:30 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Why did you move to the south CB from the north, most people move the opposite way, much nicer on the North CB, we moved here from just south of Torrevieja.
I sometimes still scratch my head thinking about that, but there is a simple explanation. My partner works as a self-employed interpreter, English/Spanish, and the work opportunities in Torrevieja are much better than in Denia, or Javea, even though she does it for the pleasure of helping people as much as for the meagre financial rewards.

But the concreted flatlands of the southern Costa Blanca do not compare with the mountains of Javea, in any way, shape or form, that's life, I'm afraid.
Old May 29th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I sometimes still scratch my head thinking about that, but there is a simple explanation. My partner works as a self-employed interpreter, English/Spanish, and the work opportunities in Torrevieja are much better than in Denia, or Javea, even though she does it for the pleasure of helping people as much as for the meagre financial rewards.

But the concreted flatlands of the southern Costa Blanca do not compare with the mountains of Javea, in any way, shape or form, that's life, I'm afraid.
Where in Denia and Javea did you live?
Old May 29th 2009, 1:14 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where in Denia and Javea did you live?
Right in the centre of Denia, just down from the castle, and Torre Ambola in Javea. I can smell the pine trees just writing about Javea.
Old May 30th 2009, 8:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome.

Benidorm is OK, so long as you only make short visits, like going to the indoor market. We may well go in a bit more in the winter, when the yob tourists have gone. Too many high rise buildings, and plans to build more Should be a nice trip on the train from Denia though.
Old May 30th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HBG
Right in the centre of Denia, just down from the castle, and Torre Ambola in Javea. I can smell the pine trees just writing about Javea.
Which of the towns did you prefer? I have always found that people tend to like Denia and dislike Javea, or vice versa. I can't stand the Arenal even in Winter but love Javea port but am glad I decided on Denia as I never tire of the place.

Benidorm is OK, so long as you only make short visits, like going to the indoor market. We may well go in a bit more in the winter, when the yob tourists have gone. Too many high rise buildings, and plans to build more Should be a nice trip on the train from Denia though.
I wasn't being facetious when I said about Benidorm as I can appreciate its appeal - I just think you have to be selective about where and when you go, given the vast number of stereotypes that are attracted to the place.
Old May 30th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Which of the towns did you prefer? I have always found that people tend to like Denia and dislike Javea, or vice versa. I can't stand the Arenal even in Winter but love Javea port but am glad I decided on Denia as I never tire of the place.

I wasn't being facetious when I said about Benidorm as I can appreciate its appeal - I just think you have to be selective about where and when you go, given the vast number of stereotypes that are attracted to the place.
Take a little Jaunt there sometime
Old May 30th 2009, 9:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats dead right.

I enjoy trips to Benidorm. We have friends that rent an apartment there from time to time and we go down for a couple of days. Its good fun, but tend to stay on the South side and old town, with the odd visit to the rock bar on the front

I've been told that in July and August it's a nightmare, so have made a point of not going there in that period
Old May 30th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Does the train stop in the town or on the outskirts?

I stopped off at Calpe once and the station was in the middle of nowhere! Luckily there was a group of locals who seemed to know where they were going so I followed them to a stationary coach which took me into town.

At the time I spoke no Spanish at all, so felt a bit vulnerable.
Old May 30th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thats dead right.

I enjoy trips to Benidorm. We have friends that rent an apartment there from time to time and we go down for a couple of days. Its good fun, but tend to stay on the South side and old town, with the odd visit to the rock bar on the front

I've been told that in July and August it's a nightmare, so have made a point of not going there in that period
Is it a bit of a catch 22 Mitzy, as off peak I imagine it is dead and on peak it as u say is a nightmare ,only been on a day trip once but it was V quiet .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.