Boundary Wall

Old Mar 11th 2012, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boundary Wall

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Whatever. Just saying you can't alter property that you don't own, without consent.

Cars, Houses, Boats, you name it.
DSB.
Your answer was a bit 'brusque' however. So, Given that you weren't talking to the original poster, you have no idea whether Chiclanagirl owns or doesn't own her house.
Bearing in mind that my neighbours built directly on top of our party wall it seems you can do what you like if you're prepared to run the risk of a denuncia!
Old Mar 11th 2012, 10:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Your answer was a bit 'brusque' however. So, Given that you weren't talking to the original poster, you have no idea whether Chiclanagirl owns or doesn't own her house.
Bearing in mind that my neighbours built directly on top of our party wall it seems you can do what you like if you're prepared to run the risk of a denuncia!
but he was........he quoted jay01.............the original poster
Old Mar 11th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Thank you
DSB.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 11:03 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
DSB.

I was beginning to think everyone had me on ignore.................
Old Mar 11th 2012, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of

The Spanish rule (I believe) is that the boundry wall is a party wall. It belongs to both sides and both sides have the right and duty to maintain it. In reality it can cause squabbles. Your neighbour may argue that you have damaged a wall/left it unpainted or whatever and that you should pay to repair or replace it. We have a neighbour who consistently over the last 20 or 30 years has built outhouses joining on to ...even over boundry walls. Effectively gaining land in our case when we pulled the original outhouse down we had to repair 'her' wall. Although it wasn't hers at all. It was the back wall of our outhouse that she had butted up to years ago. Just last year they built another outhouse using the party wall as part of the outhouse wall. Annoying yes. but not worth making enemies out of them. It seems it's just their way. On the other side we also had to repair the side of a neighbours outhouse which forms part of our boundry wall, although they didn't maintain any part of it themselves, and the roof has subsequently fallen in. It'll be interesting to see what they say when the wall we built for them comes down because the rest of the building gives way under it. I expect I'll still be the one expected to pay.
Not true at all !!!

If the wall infringes on both sides, it's shared. That would only happen if both parties shared the cost of building it, etc.

If I build a wall on my land that doesn't breach the boundary, it is my wall and my wall only. the neighbour can't touch it or adorn it in any way.

Agreement between neighbours is only required so as to define the position of the boundary.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of

By rights most Rentals you must seek permission to even place a nail in the wall for a Painting.
Totally incorrect - this is Spain not UK.

A tenant only required permission from landlord if they intend to alter the structure of the building, e.g. open a new doorway.

Other than that, a tenant has a right to live in the property as if it is their own home. If that means hanging pictures, putting up satellite antennas, having a dog, cat or whatever, they can do as they please and rightly so.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 12:31 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by avocados

A tenant only required permission from landlord if they intend to alter the structure of the building, e.g. open a new doorway.

Other than that, a tenant has a right to live in the property as if it is their own home. If that means hanging pictures, putting up satellite antennas, having a dog, cat or whatever, they can do as they please and rightly so.
would you like to inform (all) my previous landlords, please

the last lot kicked off when I let the kids put pictures up with blutac!
Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by avocados

I disagree. Regardless of you stating (2) Countries, not my intention.

Can you imagine to implications to someone hanging and securing a Satellite Dish to a building, without it requiring being attached in some form to a building?
It is not like you are installing a roof rack onto a hire car, is it?

Also, you are bleeding many areas into what was a simple thread, into what wasn't - the discussion.
I said that the Tenant would not be allowed to "do whatever the hell they wanted to" their wall [ I forget exactly but it involved building work ].

This is true, unless consent is given. I also disagreed with the fact that the Tenant could make a planning application, if you get me, with the Town Hall. ludicrous.

?? YOU, MAKE A PLANNING APPLICATION - ON MY HOUSE ??
//groan//

DSB.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

I think this has gone a little off track, I was enquiring as to the departments re planning so I can have the conversation with the landlady and know what I am talking about.

DSB best will hunni I have no idea what you were on about with regards to raining and roofs, if it rains and they get wet if the facilities are there to provide a roof I would ask for a roof or supply one myself, they are indoor dogs but not 24hrs a day, that would be a lot more of a problem I would think, just the mess and the smell. There is no way I would chain any animal up, I can not see the point of having an animal if it's basic welfare is not being catered for and freedom to move is one of them.

The wall does not a join any other property but a carratera, it appears that permission has to be gained from the junta which she is willing to do, she can understand my issue and also it would improve security, privacy and future rental potential. as well as stuff all those old boys who think it is great fun winding them up, will not stop them but at least my dogs would be safer
Old Mar 11th 2012, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Ahh You're right Lynxxa! My mistake, Sorry DSB
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Boundary Wall

Ahh You're right Lynxxa! My mistake, Sorry DSB
It's all good
In closing :. I hope the Post originator gets their problem resolved, of sorts.
DSB.