Border Control

Old Apr 6th 2021, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Border Control

Originally Posted by DLC
There's an option on form EX20 & friends to update the passport number. I think it might even have been there on form EX18 for EU citizens but we might have to start taking it seriously now.
The problem I see is say you got your new TIE December 2020 and you were a permanent resident your TIE would be valid for 10 years if temporary resident your TIE would be valid 5 years. It could be that in 18 months your UK passport runs out when you renew it you will get a new passport number. Are you suggesting that when we renew our passport we then need to renew or update our TIE?
Old Apr 7th 2021, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was Madrid airport. We are both residents and we presented passports along with residency cards. My understanding is that all non EU passports should be stamped. Certainly the other half has had hers stamped every time we travel outside of the Schengen zone. My son has flown from the UK to Madrid twice since Brexit and has not had his stamped on either occasion.

Regarding the PCR, I believe it's a random check but they were checking every passenger for the FCS health control form/QR code.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 7:22 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
The problem I see is say you got your new TIE December 2020 and you were a permanent resident your TIE would be valid for 10 years if temporary resident your TIE would be valid 5 years. It could be that in 18 months your UK passport runs out when you renew it you will get a new passport number. Are you suggesting that when we renew our passport we then need to renew or update our TIE?
I don't think they would issue a new card, they would just note the new passport number.

This says we have 30 days to tell them about a change in circumstances and cites the law.

But even though they do know, I still wouldn't try entering without showing my card.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
I don't think they would issue a new card, they would just note the new passport number.

This says we have 30 days to tell them about a change in circumstances and cites the law.

But even though they do know, I still wouldn't try entering without showing my card.
Thanks that's interesting and something I wasn't aware of, as you say it was no doubt the same with green card.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I renewed my old cuidadano de la Union resident certificate when I got a new passport - used the option "cambio de documento de identidad" option on the EX23 form.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SanNico
My understanding is that all non EU passports should be stamped. Certainly the other half has had hers stamped every time we travel outside of the Schengen zone. My son has flown from the UK to Madrid twice since Brexit and has not had his stamped on either occasion.

Regarding the PCR, I believe it's a random check but they were checking every passenger for the FCS health control form/QR code.
As per the link I attached on an earlier post some officials have been stamping the passports of people who are resident which shouldn't happen.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It does not have the usual gold chip on the card. It does, however contain a non contact RFID chip which makes it machine readable.

The green symbol is the ICAO symbol for non-contact microchip machine readable travel documents (e-MRTD symbol),
I got my TIE in early August so amongst the early traches.

It has a chip in the top LH corner just by the e-MRTD symbol.

It's readable on a mobile phone with NFC although the info revealed seems to relate only to the chip type and technology as apart from Card/Tag Serial no. (edited out) there is nothing which appears personal to me.

Last edited by Notdunroamin; Apr 7th 2021 at 8:24 am.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding stamps.

According to the 2019 Schengen Handbook p.56

No entry or exit stamp must be affixed in the following cases:
a) to the travel documents of nationals of the EU Member States, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland;
b) to the travel documents of Heads of State and dignitaries whose arrival has been officially announced in advance through diplomatic channels;
c) to pilots' licences or the certificates of aircraft crew members;
d) to the travel documents of seamen who are present within the territory of a Schengen State only when their ship calls in and in the area of the port of call;
e) to the travel documents of crew and passengers of cruise ships who are not subject to border checks, in those cases provided for in point 2, Section IV;
f) to documents enabling nationals of Andorra, Monaco and San Marino to cross the border;
g) to documents of border residents enjoying a local border traffic regime (point 3, Section II).
h) to the travel documents of crews of passengers and goods trains on international connections;
i) to the travel documents of nationals of third countries who present a residence card provided for in Directive 2004/38/EC.
The travel document of family members of EU, EEA and CH citizens who are third-country nationals must also be stamped, unless they present a residence card issued in
accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC as submitted in line with Article 39 of the Schengen Border Code or otherwise clearly indicating a family member of an EU citizen or
a family member of an EEA or CH citizen.

The last item j) is what relates to TIE holders.

It goes on to say: p.68

"There can be cases where a stamp that has already been affixed on a passport has to be
annulled (for example, if the wrong stamp was affixed by mistake by the border guard). In
such cases, the traveller bears no responsibility for it and therefore the stamp cannot be
cancelled in the same ways as when a person is refused entry. It is therefore recommended
to annul the stamp by running two parallel lines through the top left-hand corner of it like
in the example below:

Old Apr 7th 2021, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
Spanish border control shouldn't stamp the passport if they are residents (have a TIE or a green certificate/card).

When you get a TIE I guess your passport number is stored on the system and I guess when they swipe the passport the computer will tell them you're a resident so they know not to stamp.
Very wrong guess.
When passport is swiped, its checked for red flags on SIS II system for lost/stolen/wanted/banned flags. That's why you must present your residency card, which can be scanned against national registar database.
https://edps.europa.eu/data-protecti...tion-system_en
Old Apr 7th 2021, 11:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

We all know that what is written down is often not what actually occurs. There will be many conflicting stories of peoples experiences compared with what should happen.

Rosemary
Old Apr 7th 2021, 11:14 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EU.flag
Very wrong guess.
When passport is swiped, its checked for red flags on SIS II system for lost/stolen/wanted/banned flags. That's why you must present your residency card, which can be scanned against national registar database.
https://edps.europa.eu/data-protecti...tion-system_en
I do know that they can obtain the passport number by swiping the residency card (saw the screen when getting a green certificate ages ago) and they can obtain the NIE by swiping the passport (went to social security and asked for my Vida Laboral and gave them my passport and it came back with my NIE) so I assume this information is available to border police.

But I wouldn't leave Spain without my TIE now, unlike the green certificate which I never took with me.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
We all know that what is written down is often not what actually occurs. There will be many conflicting stories of peoples experiences compared with what should happen.

Rosemary
Agree with this.

But, can I ask with my Mr sensible hat on?

Does it actually matter if your passport gets stamped or not?
If you are legally resident here (TIE or green card) the stamp wont mean anything. (or shouldn't)
If you are a tourist it will (or should)

Unless someone is saying that, if I get a stamp when coming into Spain from the Uk even as a resident. The next time I leave its going to get me questioned as to why there is a stamp and why I overstayed??

I for one may start asking for the bloody thing to be stamped, its what it was made for after all.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Barriej
Agree with this.

But, can I ask with my Mr sensible hat on?

Does it actually matter if your passport gets stamped or not?
If you are legally resident here (TIE or green card) the stamp wont mean anything. (or shouldn't)
If you are a tourist it will (or should)

Unless someone is saying that, if I get a stamp when coming into Spain from the Uk even as a resident. The next time I leave its going to get me questioned as to why there is a stamp and why I overstayed??

I for one may start asking for the bloody thing to be stamped, its what it was made for after all.
I Would guess (I don't know) it probably wouldn't be an issue really in Spain as you would have your TIE or Green card. However I think it may cause an issue if visiting other Schengen countries as they will see the stamp saying you arrived in Schengen zone as per the stamp?
Old Apr 7th 2021, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

I Would guess (I don't know) it probably wouldn't be an issue really in Spain as you would have your TIE or Green card. However I think it may cause an issue if visiting other Schengen countries as they will see the stamp saying you arrived in Schengen zone as per the stamp?
Always show your residency document whenever you travel in Schengen/EU together with your passport, so there will be no misunderstanding of your status as resident in a Schengen/EU state.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 3:27 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Schengen/EU state.
EU is not a 'state', it is a 'union' of countries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.