Border Control

Old Mar 19th 2021, 7:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Border Control

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
No idea what you mean by WRT
‘With respect to/with regard to’.

HTH (hope that helps ).
Old Mar 19th 2021, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

From this link it says if one has Spanish residency but are UK citizens they need residency certificate or TIE and passport to enter. Only thing as a resident they don't need is a long stay visa.
Entry Requirements
Old Mar 19th 2021, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I have read somewhere that as a 10yr TIE holder that I can join my Irish wife in the EU queue with my TIE and UK passport. I suspect that my TIE will also allow me to use the machine readers where there is a slot for ID CARDS.
I can't understand why there would or should be any difference when producing either a permanent or temporary residence TIE to enter Spain? Other than if a person with a temporary one has been out of Spain longer than 6 months. That is my understanding of the difference between the two types of TIE card one allows the resident to leave Spain for 6 months the other for 5 years, both cards otherwise allow the 3rd country national to reside full time in Spain.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

I have read somewhere that as a 10yr TIE holder that I can join my Irish wife in the EU queue with my TIE and UK passport. I suspect that my TIE will also allow me to use the machine readers where there is a slot for ID CARDS.
Yes, when non-EU national is accompanied by EU national partner, both will be allowed in EU queue, but not in electronic gates.
Fact that you have TIE is irrelevant in this case, unless you are traveling on your own.
Only EU national ID cards can be used in ID cards slots.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
My child has a EU passport I dont. He will be separated from me at passport control so not sure why you should get a free pass if a 16 old doesn't
Not really, depending on child's age, you might be able to both use EU lane together.
If child is underage, you as carer/parent are allowed to accompany him/her in EU lane.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EU.flag
Yes, when non-EU national is accompanied by EU national partner, both will be allowed in EU queue, but not in electronic gates.
Fact that you have TIE is irrelevant in this case, unless you are traveling on your own.
Only EU national ID cards can be used in ID cards slots.
After looking at all the comments I have carefully examined my TIE and despite having lots of anti counterfeiting measures it does not have a chip so I guess my fingerprints are not stored on the card. Someone also commented that despite having a chip the UK passport was not much better so I will give a go in the machines next time we exit Schengen if it doesn’t work I can always turn round and go to the manned gate. Some time to wait until I can conduct the test. I will post the result on here either way about June I guess. Coming back from Ireland after Christmas I accompanied my wife with her Irish passport to the manned desk with my UK passport and TIE No problems except I think it was the first one they had seen at Faro so it was shown across a few desks out of interest.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I thought the fingerprints were somehow held on the TIE card, are they not checked against the new card when attending to collect the new card?
Old Mar 19th 2021, 5:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

As DLC posted, the card has a chip symbol on it, so it is reasonable to assume that it is embedded somewhere in the card with all your other details, otherwise it would not be machine readable which somewhat would defeat the object of an electronic ID. Spanish DNI cards are chipped as are all the latest passports.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I thought the fingerprints were somehow held on the TIE card, are they not checked against the new card when attending to collect the new card?
The lady who processed my application last week confirmed that they check your prints when you collect the card (now whether they are on the card or not is another matter).

According to the paperwork available for the DNI.
The TIE shares some of the same parts. Both are biometric using a small embedded chip that has all of your data, including fingerprints, DOB, etc.
The DNI card also has a RFI wireless chip that will set off certain scanners (works like the chip in your dog)
My permit to drive Cherry Pickers and vertical lift machines has the same chip and identifies my to the machine allowing me to drive it without a key (the little one in Carrefour Benidorm beeps at me as I walk past it)

It needs one of us to see if the card is accepted at the auto machines at the airports (wouldn't bother with the ones in the Uk)
Old Mar 19th 2021, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes definitely biometric symbol in green top left of my wifes card. So I think it's safe to say the card has a chip embedded somewhere.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Yes definitely biometric symbol in green top left of my wifes card. So I think it's safe to say the card has a chip embedded somewhere.
Couldn’t see any thing that looked like a chip on mine, there is a clear window which from some angles looks like a chip and about the right size.
I was in an early cohort to get my TIE in Huelva before Christmas only only once had fingerprints taken and for collection just showed my passport.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn’t see any thing that looked like a chip on mine, there is a clear window which from some angles looks like a chip and about the right size.
I was in an early cohort to get my TIE in Huelva before Christmas only only once had fingerprints taken and for collection just showed my passport.

The bio chip can be as small as 2mm x 2mm and less than 0.1mm thick.
Its not holding much data.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 11:25 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Barriej, so you just confirmed you know Sweet Fanny Adams about technology!!!
Old Mar 20th 2021, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

John I don't know about the chip. However if you look at the front of the TIE card top left corner is a small green symbol, I believe that is the symbol indicating the card contains a biometric chip? I am no expert but from what I have read I believe this is correct. Whether the chip is there or embedded somehow in the card I do not know. I haven't collected my card yet. However my wife said when she collected hers the lady issuing it checked her fingerprints and was doing something with the card? That's as much as I can add to the discussion., hopefully I will collect my card in around 3 weeks so may know better then.
Old Mar 20th 2021, 10:37 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It does not have the usual gold chip on the card. It does, however contain a non contact RFID chip which makes it machine readable.

The green symbol is the ICAO symbol for non-contact microchip machine readable travel documents (e-MRTD symbol),

Last edited by Fred James; Mar 20th 2021 at 10:40 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.