Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Booking appointments to view houses in Spain

Booking appointments to view houses in Spain

Old Mar 1st 2016, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

ayseha is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Booking appointments to view houses in Spain

My husband & I are considering moving to Andalucia in Spain in the near future. We're intending to go over in the next week or 10 days to view some properties, both to rent for 6 months so we can a sense of the what it's like before buying, but also to view properties for sale so we can get an idea of what's available for our funds when we come to buy later on.

I would love some advice on what is the what best way to set up appointments, can you just wander into an estate agent as here in the UK and ask to view a property, or do things take a lot longer to arrange?

Or do appointments need to be set up before we leave? Also, I hear that many properties are held by the banks, not estate agents, how do I contact them?

Any advice very welcome! We're looking around Almeria, Vera, Mojacar, that sort of area. many thanks!
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking appointments to view houses in Spain

It's similar to the UK. However if only over for a short period best to look on line and make some appointments to view properties you like. Rightmove have a Spanish site. Kyero is another.
Good luck
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Booking appointments to view houses in Spain

Thanks so much, much appreciated
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 5:18 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Beware, though. Some estate agents need a little "prodding". You should verify and re-verify your appointments to let them know you're serious and expect to meet them. Otherwise they might not show up.

This isn't because they're particularly lazy, it's because about 6 out of 10 potential buyers either aren't serious at all, can't even afford it, or are just passing time by looking at houses.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

good to know!