Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Stray dog - Costa Esuri

Stray dog - Costa Esuri

Old Jan 21st 2016, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Sarah1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stray dog - Costa Esuri

Does anyone know anything about the medium sized ginger dog wandering around the second roundabout in Costa Esuri? Doesn't look underweight but doesn't look happy either! Seen 4 days in a row.

I have messaged a rescue I have found called A.P.A.P.S but no reply yet and I am going home to the UK in an hour just wondered if anyone knew anything about it or what the process is?!
Old Jan 24th 2016, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice
Default Re: Stray dog - Costa Esuri

Hi Sarah1991

I was wondering if you've had a reply from the dog rescue centre as we also saw the stray dog when we were in Esuri for Christmas and New Year. We tried many times to coax him to come to us but the poor thing is terrified of humans. I guess he hasn't had a very good start in life!

We spoke to several people while we were there who were also concerned about him and were trying to catch him but had no luck!
Old Jan 24th 2016, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi do you think it's the same dog? And no not yet. I sent the same message again in Spanish and they sent "Hi Sarah. my partner in charge of the area dogs will respond as soon as possible. she has a lot of work and is busy" on Friday so we will see.

I'm glad others were trying to help though as when I was there all I saw was Spanish dog walkers shooing it away as it tried to join them!

I couldn't find it when was leaving but left some bread in the areas had seen him/her.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Lin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really niceLin and Ed is just really nice

Hi, thanks for your reply. The dog we saw was a ginger dog but I'm surprised he tried to join other dog walkers as he wouldn't come anywhere near us or other people I've spoken to about him. I just hope there isn't another stray dog in Esuri. It breaks my heart everytime I go there and see yet another stray dog.

We put down dried dog food for him and I bought him several ham bones from Mercadona, other people were feeding him too. So hopefully he won't go hungry!

Maybe it needs a number of 'committed animal lovers' to get together and surround him to try and catch him as I'm sure he could be found a forever home.

I remember the sausage type dog who was dumped on Esuri some time back, he now has a forever home and looks so happy when he is out walking with his owner!

I hope you hear something from the dog rescue centre soon.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

I'm not sure if he was attracted to the walker or the dogs but he was always hanging around the roundabout at the end of the roads with jags on. I'm back in the UK now but will be chasing them up.

I also messaged a national stray charity who said they don't deal with that area but that unfortunately it is very common for dogs to be dumped over there The dog didn't look underweight so presume people are still feeding him at least but it breaks my heart also having 3 of my own in the UK.
Old Jan 24th 2016, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

We'll be back out there in March, hopefully he'll be rescued by then but if not I'll let you how he is.

Fingers crossed!!
Old Jan 25th 2016, 10:36 am
Just Joined

alice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant future

Hi, one of the Spanish ladies who had been feeding him, has taken him in.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 11:17 am
Just Joined

That's great news! To A.P.A.P.S in Ayamonte? Hopefully he will find his forever home
Old Jan 25th 2016, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

That's fantastic news, you have made my day!!
Old Jan 25th 2016, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Just realised do you mean taken him in to a rescue or to her house? Either way is fab!
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:42 am
Just Joined

alice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant future

Good Morning,
She has taken him into her home.
Regards.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lin and Ed
Hi, thanks for your reply. The dog we saw was a ginger dog but I'm surprised he tried to join other dog walkers as he wouldn't come anywhere near us or other people I've spoken to about him. I just hope there isn't another stray dog in Esuri. It breaks my heart everytime I go there and see yet another stray dog. We put down dried dog food for him and I bought him several ham bones from Mercadona, other people were feeding him too. So hopefully he won't go hungry! Maybe it needs a number of 'committed animal lovers' to get together and surround him to try and catch him as I'm sure he could be found a forever home. I remember the sausage type dog who was dumped on Esuri some time back, he now has a forever home and looks so happy when he is out walking with his owner! I hope you hear something from the dog rescue centre soon.
Hi,
His name is Hector he lives with us now on Lomas, everyone knows him as he walked round Esuri for months on end, he's a lovely dog and really well behaved, think he knows he's won the lottery.
Seen the Spanish lady with the other stray dog couple of weeks ago, while out walking Hector, he's coming on fine now, still very scared but getting better by the day, she also has another dog and they both get on fine.
Hector relaxing?.
Ken.
Attached Thumbnails Stray dog - Costa Esuri-img_4303.jpg   Stray dog - Costa Esuri-img_3740.jpg   Stray dog - Costa Esuri-img_4682.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Well done
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Hi,
His name is Hector he lives with us now on Lomas, everyone knows him as he walked round Esuri for months on end, he's a lovely dog and really well behaved, think he knows he's won the lottery. ....
Well done! That's a heart-warming tail!
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Hi,
His name is Hector he lives with us now on Lomas, everyone knows him as he walked round Esuri for months on end, he's a lovely dog and really well behaved, think he knows he's won the lottery.
Seen the Spanish lady with the other stray dog couple of weeks ago, while out walking Hector, he's coming on fine now, still very scared but getting better by the day, she also has another dog and they both get on fine.
Hector relaxing?.
Ken.
Hi Ken

Thanks for posting the pictures of Hector. He is gorgeous and obviously a natural in front of the camera!!

Pleased to hear the other dog is settling in well with his new family.

Look forward to seeing him and Hector when we're out in a couple of weeks time.

Lin and Ed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.