Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bogus gas men on the scrounge again.

Bogus gas men on the scrounge again.

Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:25 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Bogus gas men on the scrounge again.

Visited my friends parents, replaced 2 gas pipes and wanted 120 euros

Remamber:

Repsol will NEVER send anyone to your house without prior notice.
These bogus gas men actually have proper companies set up (if only for 1 month)
Please just tell them you are not interested, If they persist, DonĀ“t call the nimber they give you to confirm (for obvious reasons), Call Repsol. If they persist more just call the Guardia Civil or Policia Local. They will soon scarper then.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bogus gas men on the scrounge again.

JUST SAY NO....... They are scum and rip everyone off, always the holiday maker, the innocent one, just not fair.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:49 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bogus gas men on the scrounge again.

We had them round here last summer. I spoke to them in my limited Spanish and told them we only had the one gas bottle but he insisted on seeing the bottle.
My husband stayed with them while I went to ask the help of our friendly young pharmacist (2 doors away) who came in straight away and spoke to them. They left quickly