Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Big Store in Huelva?

Big Store in Huelva?

Old Jan 5th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big Store in Huelva?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Happy Three Kings!

Surprise or no surprise?
http://www.huelvainformacion.es/arti...andalucia.html

It would be too late for it to be an inocentada, no?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Big Store in Huelva?

It's a bit misinformed. The third Ikea in Andalucia could not be in Huelva as it is already under construction in Jerez.

It could be the fourth, but I would have thought Huelva was a bit too close to the one they already have in Seville??
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot about Jerez. That's been @3 years in the planning/making?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Carol&John
I forgot about Jerez. That's been @3 years in the planning/making?
I'm not sure. I can remember newspaper articles just like the Huelva one speculating about where they were going to build it perhaps about 2/3 years ago. Then the confirmation came, I would guess about 18 months ago. It is under construction now.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:32 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
I'm not sure. I can remember newspaper articles just like the Huelva one speculating about where they were going to build it perhaps about 2/3 years ago. Then the confirmation came, I would guess about 18 months ago. It is under construction now.
They built the one in Malaga in about 3 weeks. ;-))
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:33 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Its amazing what a few bungs and backhanders will do!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:38 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
...and that only took so long because it came in flat pack form with dodgy instructions and several missing nuts & bolts...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

perhaps Huelva would provide for the Portuguese market further from Lisbon...There was some speculation as to Danish & Belgian companies investing in the area.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I did a translation of the article with an on line tool and it seemed to say it would be Cartaya.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by guesswork
I did a translation of the article with an on line tool and it seemed to say it would be Cartaya.
it says they are studying the possibility.

That would be incredibly close to the one already in Seville. Doesn't seem a logical location to me, especially as west of Huelva is nothing but small towns and villages until you get to the Algarve, and even Huelva itself is pretty small. You would normally find Ikeas in large cities or near dense population.