Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which is best value internet in Spain?

Which is best value internet in Spain?

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:06 am
Just Joined

parispete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which is best value internet in Spain?

Just moved to the Costa del Sol and fixing up my flat with my usual creature comforts, including a computer. Then in a fit of madness, signed up for internet with Orange. Orange in Paris works fine, and I have my Spanish mobile with them too, but for an internet connection - forget it. The modem was dud, there was no service in English (which is strange, since half the Costa is Brit) and there seemed nobody to answer complaints, or arrange a modem swap. So I cancelled the bank orders, returned the bag of crap, and am now back on Square One, wondering which way to turn. Some say Telefonica is good, but it's also expensive. Anyone got any good ideas??
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:07 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is best value internet in Spain?

Orange was once Wanadoo. That companies service in the whole of Europe was known to be bad.
If you do a search on here there is lots of information about service providers. In siesta time there is one about Telefonica getting the red card. The OP went back to telefonica in the end.
If you have ADSL you will find getting the original company (in your case Orange) to release the line hard.
Telefonica does have an English speaking service, but it can be patchy, either the English of the operator is not so good or in several cases we have been told there is no one available.
Do not use Telefonica in English.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

We live in Benitichell on the cumbre del sol and have a private internet company called Ginterlink.It is only available here through the company who are the developers.Telephonica would not supply us as we are high up a mountain.we had our telephone and internet connected within 3 days.The connection is fast,as good as U.K. It is only 25 euros a month incuding telephone rental.Are we lucky or what.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:45 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
We live in Benitichell on the cumbre del sol and have a private internet company called Ginterlink.It is only available here through the company who are the developers.Telephonica would not supply us as we are high up a mountain.we had our telephone and internet connected within 3 days.The connection is fast,as good as U.K. It is only 25 euros a month incuding telephone rental.Are we lucky or what.
That sounds fantastic value

Hows the leg?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of

Didn't know we had a choice down here! It's Telefonica, like it or lump it. Expensive and :curse:
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Which is best value internet in Spain?

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
How wide an area do Ginterlink cover thats a great price and good service.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

Ginterlink only covers the area in Benitichell on the Cumbre as they are the developers.they have no plans to extend their area beyond this area which is a shame.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:48 pm
Banned

Ambient is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you do have a choice of internet providers now - although those providers use Telefonica lines -for the last mile (just as the UK ones all use BT)

We have just moved to the Campo from Fuengirola and we cannot get a landline here - we have had to use a wireless company and we currently use Connecta4 - the service was not very good to start with and we were offered a 2MB line - we are still on 1MB, however, we have internet now and don't have to deal with Telefonica.

There is also another good Spanish company called Iberbanda - unfortunately they do not cover our area otherwise we would have changed, they are cheaper than Telefonica and Connecta4 - we currently pay €70 per month for 1MB and we paid the same in Fuengirola but for 2MB

Hope that helps
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

keljo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by parispete
Just moved to the Costa del Sol and fixing up my flat with my usual creature comforts, including a computer. Then in a fit of madness, signed up for internet with Orange. Orange in Paris works fine, and I have my Spanish mobile with them too, but for an internet connection - forget it. The modem was dud, there was no service in English (which is strange, since half the Costa is Brit) and there seemed nobody to answer complaints, or arrange a modem swap. So I cancelled the bank orders, returned the bag of crap, and am now back on Square One, wondering which way to turn. Some say Telefonica is good, but it's also expensive. Anyone got any good ideas??
I am surprised by what you say about Orange I have been with them for nearly a year and have not had any problems, they are cheap, we get 1000 minutes of free calls to the UK we have a 3mb line and it is the most reliable and fast connection I have ever had. However because it is so reliable I haven't had to deal with customer services yet.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:15 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Telefonica Rocks! I love 'em!

So does jdr!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:39 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

What about satellite internet for us poor s*ds in the Cadiz area with no phone lines??
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
What about satellite internet for us poor s*ds in the Cadiz area with no phone lines??
Can be done for similar costs to Telefonica ADSL. Are you looking at sharing a connection or just for you?

I'll pm you a list of contacts later today.
Tim
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:11 am
Banned

Ambient is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you not have any wireless companies in the Cadiz area that can give you the same wireless technology that we run down here on the Costa del Sol - we are in the Campo as well and had no choice but to go wireless
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:40 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Not sharing, no. Just for my domestic internet use.

Any help or links would be appreciated.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

Well we decided to go with Telefonica,they offered us two prices(dearest one u got something extra)they kept promising the next day,then the next day then they phoned us to say you have a problem with your internet,which we replied we dont have it yet to have a problem with it!They told us well it had been delivered few weeks ago,which it hadnt!We rang them again and they decided they couldnt find our house so thats why we havent got it!Then to make things worse we heard if you choose the cheaper option they charge you extra if you download over a certain amount!!! In the end we didnt go with them and we opted for Europa,they have no download limit and they all speak english too.So think wisely,but i am not too sure if you should go with Telefonica.Good luck anyway!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.